Pangean fleet uploaded (at last)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Dingo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Pangean fleet uploaded (at last)

Post by Dingo »

My 1st attempt at a fleet is now in the custom ships d/b, they are "Bluebird", "Panga" & anything starting with "Pangean" :lol:
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

it would help to post some previews of them, otherwise i don't see anyone downloading them.

and a big tip, whenever you're uploading anything its best to use a filehost, and not the wyrdysm one.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

If you upload your ships you do so following this protocol;

-Pictures are GOOD. We like pictures. Preferably in SM, with a black background, standard zoom, and cropped. Pretty please?

-Links. Where be the links? No links? No download! I'm not gonna *look* for your ships, y'know.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Dingo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Links

Post by Dingo »

Not sure how to link or where . I did a search in the forums, but no specifics came up re. how to link (html or what?)
the pics will be easy enough.
You guys don't have much patience with the noobs, do ya? Well, I expect if I'd had to repeat the same shit again & again I might well do the same.
Keep up the great work guys (&girls?)
Last edited by Dingo on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walk softly & carry a five tera-watt blaster
Dingo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Ahhhhhh !

Post by Dingo »

Doh! :roll: just got it.
If I re-import ships will they over-write files of same name?
Last edited by Dingo on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HamanoKinji
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HamanoKinji »

is it that i'm just plain stupid that i don't understand what you said or you really mistyped "import" instead of "export"?
[img]http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o414/valkyrion22/Pivots/Signature.png[/img]
Dingo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

import/export

Post by Dingo »

Well, if I Import to this site, I will be Exporting them from my puter now, won't I? :roll:
It's all a matter of context.
Enough syntax lessons for now?
and mis-typed should really be hyphonated, if you want to be precice about language :P
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

It's called uploading. In any case, it's better to use other filehosting (I prefer box.net, others use filesmelt/etc.) in my opinion at least.

For linking stuff, just dropping the URL automatically makes a link, but if you quote this post, you'll see how to make them a bit more complicated. For images, you need to use the Img tag button thing; hit it once, paste the image URL, then hit it again, or just type the tags out manually.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Okay someone needs a tutorial on things a 5 yr old would know.

Upload - move/copy a file from your own computer to another, usually online.
Download - move/copy a file from another computer, usually online, to your own.

Import - the process of opening a file that is not the standard format for that program
Export - the process of saving a file that is not the standard format for that program

To link try pressing the URL button which is above the reply box or typing

Code: Select all

[URL='url_goes_here']link_text_goes_here[/URL]
Common picture hosts.
Photobucket
Imageshack

Just remember to post any pictures as PNG format, because JPG has poor quality and BMP is much too large.
Simply click on the box at the bottom of the save dialogue it will say either JPG or BMP depending upon the version of paint (IF your using paint) and then select PNG from the drop down.

Using a good format can save a large amount of downloading for people and alot of complaints upon quality.[/code]
Dingo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

omg

Post by Dingo »

well it was 2 am when i posted that last
import export upload download
who gives a flying fuck?
you all know what I mean.
don't you have anything better to do than critisize?
how bout making a concise guide for noobie up-loaders like myself instead?
thanks for the useful advise but keep the bitchin to yourselves :x
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Hey, stow that bullshit. You are the one making mistakes or asking questions you could easily lookup. Now your complaining about the answers you get, especially the corrections of your mistakes? They are being nice, BELIEVE me, and its not like anyone has insulted you. You know how to post pictures now, yet you still haven't. If anything is still unclear, please ask or stop flaming.

Also, fyi, there are a plethora of guides, including how to upload and post images, all stickied at the top of the forum. I look forward to seeing your creations.
Last edited by jwa8402 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

I´m not a great poster, more a productive lurker and beeing a lurker is a good thing, for some time.
You have to understand that if you get threads like this on a weekly basis even the calmest poster gets mad at some point. All your problems are covered in some kind of guide or threads like yours.
Everybody who isn´t a genius poster who doesn´t do some time lurking gets flakfire. So swallow your pride and go on.

Also where are your pictures or download? You had time to create an avatar thou and thats on the same difficultlevel like uploading a screenshot on imageshack.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

:roll:

You take a picture of your ship while in Shipmaker with the F9 button. A rectangle should start drawing from where your mouse it. Draw the rectangle around your ship and save.

Then go to an image hosting website. I'll use Imageshack for this example. On imageshack (http://www.imageshack.us) click on the gray "Browse" button on the right side of the screen. Then go to your Battleships Forever folder, and go to the "SMScreenshots" folder. Select the file and double-click or press "Open". Then hit the "Start Upload" button on the bottom of the screen.

Voila, you've uploaded a picture. Now, on the next screen, there will be series of orange boxes, with text in them. Look for the one that says "Direct Link to Image". Select it, copy and paste that link into the forum when you're replying on the topic. Then select that link only and hit the "Img" button.

Then hit submit.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Posting isn't rocket science.
...and there is a guide
...and it is stickied: HERE

I would have hoped the "IMG" thing with its helpful tooltip of "Insert image: " would have been self-explanatory enough. I guess it isn't.

Here's some clickable links for common image hosts. (Fixor'd from Silverware's post :P : you don't need the " ' "'s)

Photobucket
Imageshack

For hosting ship files themselves, I personally perfer Dropbox. You simply have to drop into the PUBLIC folder once you've installed it, and right-click : "copy public link", and you can share it ezpz.
Dingo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Dingo »

Message recieved
I've decided to re-do all my ships so they meet stated parenting & depth standards.
Still haven't been told if re-uploading will overwrite files of same name.
I say again.. the imaging is not a prob.
it's like trying to navigate an info maze in here

a little more patience would see more noobs stickin round tho...
Last edited by Dingo on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.