CE's occasional shipbuilding.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

nice, i'm liking the style used and the colour scheme, and i'm guessing that's one huge artillery cannon sticking out the front

what will the triggers do?
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

vidboi wrote:nice, i'm liking the style used and the colour scheme, and i'm guessing that's one huge artillery cannon sticking out the front

what will the triggers do?
It functions pretty much like the WWII-era coastal batteries, and I am still considering rather it should use a shell-based weapon or a huge beam weapon.

The triggers will include cooling, reloading, and maybe the barrel action (If it is a shell-based weapon.)
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Personally, I'd tell you to use a railgun there. I dunno, its just that personally it looks like it'd fire a railgun bolt.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Firin Mah' Lazer:

Triggers done.

EDIT: updated the GIF with default zoom and a crispier animation.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Nice, but somehow the round ejection at the back looks really odd and unnatural. I can't pinpoint why it is, but I only really notice it when focusing on it rather then the entire thing.

Also, I assume the animation at the right side is shell loading. If so, maybe it should happen after the barrel re-extends, or at least a bit later then it does, cause as it is, it looks like it's part of the firing sequence, but with slightly messed up triggers.

Still, the solar panels are good (well balanced glow), and the recoil is perfect.
Is it a projectile or a beam?
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i think it's because the casing stops moving before it fades, it would be better if it kept moving. also, why does the back of the gun move forwards when the barrel goes back? it doesn't look right to me
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Bad Boy wrote:Nice, but somehow the round ejection at the back looks really odd and unnatural. I can't pinpoint why it is, but I only really notice it when focusing on it rather then the entire thing.

Also, I assume the animation at the right side is shell loading. If so, maybe it should happen after the barrel re-extends, or at least a bit later then it does, cause as it is, it looks like it's part of the firing sequence, but with slightly messed up triggers.

Still, the solar panels are good (well balanced glow), and the recoil is perfect.
Is it a projectile or a beam?
I think I see your point, I will try to fix that, but in fact those aren't ammunition really, but some sort of coolant instead.

Also, those aren't solar panels but radiators (Well, they been mistaken by everyone, but who cares?)

Currently, the weapon I am using is a sabot cannon with immense damage. It also have a targeting laser, which will paint the target for a few seconds before firing.

@vidbol: The back of the gun is part of the ejection mechanism, but it seemed messed up as Bad Boy stated, so it is subject to fix.
-CheesyErwin.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i think it would look better if you put a time delay on the ejection mechanism so that it doesn't move at the same time as the barrel
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Nice use of of the glows on the solar panel. Looks very terran.

Should try putting a bit of spin on the projectile with Eri's cog_null trick.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

LactoseTolerant wrote:Nice use of of the glows on the solar panel. Looks very terran.

Just like what you did with your siege cannon thingy?
-CheesyErwin.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

CheesyErwin wrote:
LactoseTolerant wrote:Nice use of of the glows on the solar panel. Looks very terran.

Just like what you did with your siege cannon thingy?
Yeah, it makes round ejection look more realistic. The cog_null is also useful for other trigger applications too.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Alrighty, triggers revised!!!!

Also, a little corvette thingy:

-CheesyErwin.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Now I'm probably asking for more then you're willing to put into this, but what'd be really cool to look at (although not really realistic) is if the coolant system were to vent steam or gas or something when it fully extends, at which point the radiators would stop glowing.

As it is, the shell ejection looks like it could go a little further out, or simply sync properly with the fading, and the radiators don't sync with the coolant thing (if they're supposed to be as they are, where they lose their glow as the coolant bit comes out, then it syncs fine, although I think it'd look better with them cooling down once the thing is fully extended, particularly if you used the gas/steam thing).

The corvette is okay, on close inspection, I don't really like it, but that may just be me.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Re: CE's occasional shipbuilding.

Post by CheesyErwin »

Time for some mecha fun.

Btw, the gun holding that way is solely for posing purposes.
Attachments
AG-DME-79M 'Jidai'
AG-DME-79M 'Jidai'
SMscreen0180.png (15.55 KiB) Viewed 10878 times
-CheesyErwin.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Re: CE's occasional shipbuilding.

Post by vidboi »

i don't like the mech that much. the body's ok (the chest plate looks too light though) as with the thrusters on the back but the arms are completely out of proportion and it doesn't look right. i think you should move the shoulders closer to the body, and make the upper arms shorter to give a feel of the 3d positioning