Theme Ship- CBS-74 Ptolemaios 2

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Theme Ship- CBS-74 Ptolemaios 2

Post by Sazabi »

WHAT THIS IS ABSURD A MAN WITH THE NAME OF A MOBILE SUIT AS HIS NAME, POSTING A THEME SHIP FROM GUNDAM!?! This....this this is INSANE, CRAZY, ITS IMPOSSIBLE. Its....its almost... madness. Madness?

Well, this is a theme ship I made a while ago, I'm not extremely good with shipmaker yet, besides just building stuff for fun, and battle against some of my friends on Xfire. This is probably my best looking ship, but compared to some of the others this is mega-noob.

Well Here it is, prepare for fail.

I used this image as reference while I was making it.

Despite staring at this picture for almost the entire time building, I made a mistake in the design, the hangers are not that close together on the actual ship. I also see some other mistakes, now that I look at it some more.

Armament:

12x GN Large Missile Launcher
16x GN Missile Launcher
2x GN Torpedo Launcher
4x GN Cannon
4x GN Cannon Turret
4x GN Flak Cannon

Others:
42 Deflectors to give it a GN field appearance.

Note: For the GN Missile Launcher theres actually 38 but I had trouble placing them so I went with 16 to make it easier, those placed on the top aft sections. I had trouble placing the last 2 GN Flak Cannons during the time I was building this, so I was forced to go with 4.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Ok two things,
1-Weapon depthing, of course I highly doubt you know how. Simply pressing W will set a weapon/module to the depth of its parent section.

2- Colors, those thrusters are eyeburn, of course you won't have that problem if you use depthing. Also use depth shading like lighter colored sections have a higher depth.

All in all its pretty good for being a noob as you say. The shape is nice.
naysayers will be shot
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

I can see that the original ship you based it off of is represented in your ship, but there's not enough depth to make the "ridges" pop out. As of now, it's flat...

Have you considered switching to SWA style? It'll help with giving the ship depth.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sazabi »

Doogie12 wrote:Ok two things,
1-Weapon depthing, of course I highly doubt you know how. Simply pressing W will set a weapon/module to the depth of its parent section.

2- Colors, those thrusters are eyeburn, of course you won't have that problem if you use depthing. Also use depth shading like lighter colored sections have a higher depth.

All in all its pretty good for being a noob as you say. The shape is nice.

I actually never understood the way you all have such nice colors on your ship, those thrusters also where killer and annoying for me. depth shading, I don't understand what you mean.

I can see that the original ship you based it off of is represented in your ship, but there's not enough depth to make the "ridges" pop out. As of now, it's flat...

Have you considered switching to SWA style? It'll help with giving the ship depth.
SWA style?
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

"Shipwrighted" style. It gives depth and shading to each section individually.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4434

If you have a look at my ships, you can see that the sections look alot different. That's because i'm using the custom Shipwrighted sprites.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sazabi »

LactoseTolerant wrote:"Shipwrighted" style. It gives depth and shading to each section individually.

If you have a look at my ships, you can see that the sections look alot different. That's because i'm using the custom Shipwrighted sprites.

Interesting, I'd download it but the links send me to a Spanish search engine site
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Sazabi wrote:
LactoseTolerant wrote:"Shipwrighted" style. It gives depth and shading to each section individually.

Interesting, I'd download it but the links send me to a Spanish search engine site
That's because Kaelis likely accidentally forgot to renew his site subscription, or it got fraudulently reregistered by Russian Business Network-style criminals as a domain squatting scam. Check the Custom Content forum for a new link by Squishy.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »