Fanboy ship time!!!! pg2

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

HamanoKinji
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HamanoKinji »

LactoseTolerant wrote:Kaelis' DSTech sprites have alot of smaller sections, which can be helpful. Try making ships with more than just Mecha sprites, as most of them are quite large.
I agree with these... really fine parts... a must-get sprite pack...

i was looking at scorpion and thought it was small then when i looked at their differences with leviathan.. i got shocked...

well about the fighters...

umm... it looks a bit raw...

i don't know if i have the right to say this but..

try adding more small sprites to add details... and make trailing thrusters...

i make a small ships a lot.. but most of them are crap... and i've learned a lot from all the criticisms i got from my large ships...
[img]http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o414/valkyrion22/Pivots/Signature.png[/img]
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Gnat update. Still have to work on Drone however, sadly, I have to go to a banquet.

naysayers will be shot
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Drone update. I think the "mini eye" turned out well.
naysayers will be shot
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

hmm...a lot of lurking going on eh?
ah well, new ship with lots of glows and doodads (however...due to the fact that its not animated, many of the doodads did not show up for some reason)
naysayers will be shot
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

It's too dark. Your glows are also slightly eye-burn. The structure of the ship isn't bad though.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

interesting...the screenshots seem to make it a tad darker so i added a slight contrast between the reactors on the wings and the hull, as for the glows...i darkened them a bit. Whatchya think?
naysayers will be shot
shadowbane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by shadowbane »

I like the shape and some of the section usage but it feels a bit jumbled and random in some places. I think it would look better withour the gaps, they kinda make it look like a pile of sections. I like the first few ships a lot.
grumpy
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

well shadowbane, theres not much i can do to it if it is like that other than call it done and start a completely new ship.
....which i have...but my increasing love for this movie has driven me to make a fanship.
cookie goes to who can guess the name of the ship-thing and what movie its from.

note-if anybody tells me to "default zoom" i will slap them
naysayers will be shot
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

oo! oo! oo! The gunship from avatar :D! And yes it's probs obvious and i'm far too excited at guessing it but whatever. It gives me the urge to make all the things from the film and do the battle in BSF lol, even have the tree as a station lol :D
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Gunsheep!

Too much stretching.

The cockpit is has merits.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

yea...well to tell you the truth its not stretched at all (shrunk you see but i do get the point) the technical name is the scorpion. The cockpit was so freakin hard to make...and for the "tail" well there wasn't anything long enough
upon testing it it just glitched up so i deweaponed it :(
naysayers will be shot
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

You could have tried making it out of normal sized-sprites, and zoomed out and whatnot....
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.