Fanboy ship time!!!! pg2

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Fanboy ship time!!!! pg2

Post by Doogie12 »

Behold, Scorpion.

Scarab
The first one i made using only Kae mech sections. At the end I experimented with one of Arc's thruster sprites and it turned out really well I think.

Mantis
I just deleted a bunch of sections on Scarab and moved a few of the pieces in the back to the front. Looks nice though.

Wasp
If you can't figure out how i made this, then something is wrong with you...

...and now for the crappy small ships!
Drone
(as in the drone of a beehive social class)

Edit* updated Drone

Gnat
As you can see, i have no talent for smaller ships.

Edit* updated Gnat.

Aaaaaand a fleet shot with hestia for size comparison

Comments and Criticism much needed.
Last edited by Doogie12 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:50 am, edited 10 times in total.
naysayers will be shot
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

this is the first time I see someone use that section as if the eye of the ship (or the commando bridge), and I must admit that it looks good :)
I was banned for bandodging.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Ooo, the top three i definately like. The last two..not quite as much but maybe scale down the thruster and put it in like the bigger ships. You're also much better at shading than i am. Nice work.
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

The Scarab is quite good, and ingenious use of the center glow. The arms seem a bit thin, though.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

@Bentusi: Yea I was actually just trying to see if Arc's thruster sprite would be in that ugly black box or not, and to tell you the truth thats actually the default position the "eye" is in, it is fake aegised and is messed around however.

@Rugdumph: Er...What thrusters? None of these ships have thrusters...Since they are obviously alien they use a strange gravity technology that actually PULLS them toward the desired position.

@LactoseTolerant: I suppose it is, but since those images have no scaling correlation you probably wouldn't realize that the Scarab is quite large; about the size of the Nagaya3ship. However I kinda like the thinner arms...it really helps pull off the insect like nature of these ships.

Working on a bigger ship in the same kind of design...however not enough of it is done yet to even give a preview. I will also change Drone and Gnat when I have time.

Edit* The bigger ship, Scorpion, is now up. Enjoy.
Last edited by Doogie12 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
naysayers will be shot
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

I meant the red glow bit made out of one of arca's thruster glow sprites, sos for the mix up
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Oh, I tried that but I don't know it was like...overkill?
I think i'm just gonna use the shrink-every-section method to make a good fighter...cause otherwise I suck at making the little ships
naysayers will be shot
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

New ship is up. Scorpion, massive juggernaut that fires many beams and bullets alike.

(sory for the double post...and theres not enough time to call it a bump)
naysayers will be shot
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Perhaps an action shot would help, but Scorpion looks a bit dull. The sections are all fairly well placed, but you have a large molten glow in the middle and then three slightly different shades of the same color on the rest.
I guess I just want to see function from the whole of the structure. As is, it seems like a lump (albeit a very pretty one) with a big red eye.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Action shot eh? Does this work?
By the way scorpion owned that thing :)
naysayers will be shot
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Ok, I'll admit that is one of the more organic looking ships I've seen recently. Looks kinda like This
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Doogie12 wrote:Action shot eh? Does this work?
It does indeed.
Kazutek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kazutek »

Holy <bleep> the concept and design :shock:

That both inspires and destroys my will to make ships.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

May I have any criticism on the fighters? I really do need help when it comes to smaller craft.
naysayers will be shot
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Doogie12 wrote:May I have any criticism on the fighters? I really do need help when it comes to smaller craft.
Kaelis' DSTech sprites have alot of smaller sections, which can be helpful. Try making ships with more than just Mecha sprites, as most of them are quite large.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4551
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.