Crimsonflame's ships, again.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Crimsonflame's ships, again.

Post by Crimsonflame »

A little something I'm working on.

I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.
omega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by omega »

I actually have to say thats a step down from your usual work. The ship seems to get worse as you move away from the center. There is also a bit of clutter.
alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta... and Ω Omega!

Last edited by omega on Mon Jan 1, 2012 1:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Well I'm experimenting with prongs on this one. Probably looks worse away from the center because -as you all know I suck at anything larger than a midget ship- I was trying to make it larger forcefully. Thanks for the comment, will keep at it.

EDIT: Messed with it a little bit.

Improvement?
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

The sides consisting of interchanging cylindrical patterns are a definite improvement. This pattern looks striking, even though it is repetition.

I spot good section usage that results in 'flowing' from the front to back of the ship.

The ship has some slight sense of depth due to the brighter center, but see if you can accentuate the depth of the extremities as well. Start with minor adjustments for now and see where that takes you to get that near/far feel (which has already been partially achieved by your section usage and overall ship layout).
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

I'd have to agree, other than the bridge the ships seems flat-ish, but other than that I'm lovin it.
The shape is appealing and looks combat effective; the engine sections are great and I'm hooked on the color scheme.

waiting for more
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Giving those wings a sense of depth would greatly improve it. Maybe leave the lower parts dark but make those squares lighter?
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Added depth to the wings,

Working on trying to build another smaller ship in the same style.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Ah I see the difference between this and the last now, took me awhile, as there is only a few sections difference.
I think lighter means from around (127,127,127) bring it up to around (200,200,200)

(R,G,B)

Basically make em light grey rather than just grey, cause as it stands the ship seems like it looks like a triangle from the front, with the core area at the peak and the wings at the bottom.

that may be the shape your going for but it does look boring a fair bit like that.

Other than that i really like this ship. good use of sections and colors, (just the shadings off).

Anyway keep it up with this style its really good.