Noob custom sprite Expirementation

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

KOZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Noob custom sprite Expirementation

Post by KOZ »

His guys I just wanted to show you something I just made a few minutes ago
Its my first (MOSTLY) custom sprite ship (not all are my parts just 4 main parts that make up the entire ship the rest are custom alien parts from the directory and a few stock parts. Yeah..its FUCK ugly and yeah bulky (hey i can hate my own stuff too :D..but i just had to upload cus its my first time making custom parts.

I call it the HAZE CX1 (FIRE Capital Xterminator) LOL), im not gonna give you any specs cus i tailored this so it could take out a 1000+ meteor shower and as such is.....VERY overpowered. So yeah....

thanks guys!

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/484/bfscreen08.jpg
Last edited by KOZ on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Too. Much. Stretching. I can't see anything past stretching :? .

Take the "Direct Link" and wrap it in [img] tags.
Last edited by LactoseTolerant on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
KOZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KOZ »

thanks LOL yeah i wish i could resize it with out getting rid of the original hi rez image, do you know how?
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

KOZ wrote:thanks LOL yeah i wish i could resize it with out getting rid of the original hi rez image, do you know how?
You can screenshot in ShipMaker with the F9 button. Read the documentation, it'll help out alot.

Life happens.
KOZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KOZ »

hehehe thats not what i meant...I was asking if you know how to re-size a small part without getting rid of its higher resolution.. The stretching has Nothing to do with how I took a screenshot
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

1. Open it in MSPaint.
2. Resize using the "Stretch and Skew" or "Resize and Skew" under the Image menu
3. Save as new image.
4. upload new image.
5. hotlink to new image using IMG tags
6. wrap image with URL tags pointing to the hi-rez image.

EDIT: for the future, unless your ship is huge, you should never need to create a thumbnail. Just crop the image (again, use MSPaint) so we see your ship only (we don't need to see a bunch of empty space). Also, take the screenshot at normal zoom level. I would recommend taking the screenshot in SM in Preview mode as well. And before you ask, please check the documentation. It explains how to do this.
dgms17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dgms17 »

That's an interesting ship. I haven't seen anything like it before. I especially like the bold use of red and green in one ship.

Keep up the good work!
I know I should first get the log out of my own eye before putting it into someone else's.

For instance: I should change my signature.
Bomen zijn relax
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

All the resized sections make the ship look ugly, there's no texture in the ship and all sections look out of place, so do the guns.

The color combination is a bit interesting, but the execution is very bad, take a look around how people use their section works and try to understand what "texture" actually means.
KOZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KOZ »

thanks for the comments guys... I hope you like the new ship i making. it has better the custom parts ( in this model it took me about a minute a piece to make the parts- they were just test parts)

anyhow thanks
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Still Too Damn Ugly.

By no stretching, we mean that every single part showing shouldn't be stretched. absolutely nothing should be stretched. if this means the ship will be smaller, so be it.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
KOZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KOZ »

lol "no fuck" dude, were over this I KNEW that's what you meant and remember I already said I only posted this because it was MY FIRST TIME MAKING CUSTOM parts jeez learn to read...

And fore your information my new ship is NOTHING like this one...well aside from the fact that its my own custom sprites....

....so there...(if thats even needed)
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Color looks almost-Romulan and almost-good, but the stretching, sectionwork, weapons, and overall shape propel it at ludicrous speed into the realm of FUTT BUCKING YEW GLAY! :lol:
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

KOZ wrote:lol "no fuck" dude, were over this I KNEW that's what you meant and remember I already said I only posted this because it was MY FIRST TIME MAKING CUSTOM parts jeez learn to read...

And fore your information my new ship is NOTHING like this one...well aside from the fact that its my own custom sprites....

....so there...(if thats even needed)
If you posted, you asked for criticism...
If Anna was here, he would have torn your head off already :roll: . so this is pretty light.

Life happens.
KOZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KOZ »

deleted
Last edited by KOZ on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
KOZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KOZ »

for the last time Im not talking about its appearance...Im talking about the stretching!!! Non of you understood that i understood. Im fine with the criticism (tho i hope you don't diss my new ship tooo much), but I already know parts are stretched inteuniso doesn't understand that...and neither do you guys.. and finally im not gonna update this or make it better..it was a test, im looking for critisim on my new ship THAT is something il be happy to read :D