Children of Humanity Saga Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Raven Gold
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Children of Humanity Saga Fleet

Post by Raven Gold »

I've posted some ships before a great while ago. Here I am again with revised versions of my "CoH" fleet that I'm making a series of custom missions and a story for along with an alien fleet.

The Ships:

Excalibur-Class Cruiser.

Armed with a series of long range broadside railguns, Missiles, and an array of machines and Flak point defences. It is moderately fast, well armoured, and well armed. Also equipped with four nano matrix units, it can heal itself and other ships, allowing it to operate best within small, strike groups of two or 3 cruisers.

Mjolnir-Class Battlecruiser.

Very heavily armoured, these large vessels are rather slow but have allot of firepower in most any direction. Great at absorbing fire while other ships take care of the shooting.

Gungnir-Class Gunboat.

Less than impressive speed and armour, these little ships pack allot of punch at very far away. Two large cannons that can destroy even Aegis protected sections, but very slow to reload and they tend to be easy to dodge. It's only close range defence is to turn around and cover the soft side with the lightly shielded pontoon hull and hope it holds out long enough.

Protea-Class PD Destroyer.

The Protea isn't very armoured, but it is fast and has a dense array of medium range particle cannons for fleet-level defence. The PDs can be set to offencive, and if the ship can get close, it becomes very deadly.

Hive-Class Carrier.
These Carriers aren't very mobile at all, but the millions of drones on board are, they can span demeters very rapidly and at great range, along with hangars with special fighters, one defence, one offence.

All these ships are powered by a "Nilenia" core, large and take up allot of space, but allow for allot of power.

---------------

Still working out chinks and notches. Any ideas for improvement?
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The faux aegis and yellow outlines don't look good. I suggest removing them entirely, or at the very least changing the colors to something less painful.
Also, try a different saturation of red so that it doesn't clash with the gray too much.

Section usage on all but the Protea need work, especially the Hive. The Mjolnir and Excalibur almost look halfway decent, but the weapons look ugly being the same color as the sections they are on.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

You don't need to use highlighting now, And it would help if you brightened up your ship.

I can't see any of your parts with how dark it is. Also, you have a lot of repeating stock sections. I suggest you look in the custom content for helluva lot more parts.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
halofreak759
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by halofreak759 »

i agree with inteuniso. also try not to have that much guns as it makes your ship look too pack
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: Children of Humanity Saga Fleet

Post by Arcalane »

Raven Gold wrote:...I'm making a series of custom missions...
Just FYI, Encounter Maker has always been buggy, and the latest versions of BSF haven't helped at all in that regard. Don't expect it to work, much less work reliably.
Raven Gold wrote:The Ships:

*snip*
Highlighting and hull colours: You're doing them wrong. :?

To be honest I don't recall anyone having pulled off a black and red scheme well, at least as far as SM goes.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: Children of Humanity Saga Fleet

Post by Kiltric »

Arcalane wrote:To be honest I don't recall anyone having pulled off a black and red scheme well, at least as far as SM goes.
Anna's ships back in the dawning days of BSF were pretty good, and a great deal of those were red/black.
dgms17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dgms17 »

halofreak759 wrote:also try not to have that much guns as it makes your ship look too pack
It's funny, at first I didn't even notice the guns, because they have the same color as their parent-section. May be you want to change that too.
I know I should first get the log out of my own eye before putting it into someone else's.

For instance: I should change my signature.
Bomen zijn relax
Raven Gold
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Raven Gold »

Ok most of the Issues are with the colour.

1: The colours are personal preference.
2: They blend better in the game itself.
3: I was looking for input on actualy form and functions, not the paint jobs.

Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Did you disable glows in the options menu? Just wondering.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Raven Gold
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Raven Gold »

Corporal Jomn wrote:Did you disable glows in the options menu? Just wondering.
Not completely disabled, but made the colour black if thats what you meant.
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

Might want to be carful because some ships if the colloring is too dark the blk glow won'ty work at all!
They fade in and out from black to the original color and blk again...
Like the ships though the Mine layer looks AWSOME :D
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

The main problem people advise you to fix still stands, no matter how much we say it, the ship colors aren't a pretty combination and some ships look overarmed.

Other than that I don't spot any engines and some modules & weapons look out of place.