Okay, so: I need some help

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Okay, so: I need some help

Post by InkFox »

I kind of wore out my last set of ship designs and recently started a new one. taking the obvious opposition to the terra-industrial style of my previous ships I took an alien pseudo-tech look; and it started out okay:
top: Tesseract Impeder
bottom: Tesseract Cruiser

now this was okay, not perfected yet, but I'll touch them up later; for now I have a bigger problem.
I went from those and jumped the next three sizes of ships right into the super-Juggernaut (on this scale at least)

here I somehow ended up with iffy section usage at best and a weird shape.
now I really like the plasma generators (super-ministars reliant on the ships power to remain stable) acting as amplifiers to massive beam weapons and their placement, as well as the rear-center generator powering the whole ship so I wanted to see if it can be salvaged.

so I turn to you guys asking for specific suggestions on improvement in hopes it can be made decent.

thanks in advance :)
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

I totally agree with you, the small ones are fine (perfect in my opinion), but jumping the entire rest of your ship rooster led to clustering supreme, try to evole from small to big. Yes we all like the big ships but only the process of evolution will bring you to unitary feel and style.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Maybe you should try to replicate the shape of the smaller ones simply on a larger scale. The juggernaut think looks like a blob.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

above: Tesseract Carrier
below: Tesseract Vanguard

I guess super-ships just aren't for me... :(
why can't I make decently aesthetic but unreasonably large ships?
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

I like a lot like colors ships and weapons, quite beautiful. furthermore, how to put the sections also seems nice. :)
I was banned for bandodging.