A Howdy, A Ship, and A Problem

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Himmelhand
Ensign
Ensign

A Howdy, A Ship, and A Problem

Post by Himmelhand »

Howdy BSF forum! Short-time lurker, first time poster.

I was inspired to actually figure out the shipmaker after looking at the metagame stuff, and with that in mind built the following ship:

Constructive criticism would be awesome. My intent was a light fleet defense destroyer, with vulcan and flak guns to drive off the strike craft and corvettes.

However, when I brought it into the sandbox, the thing glowed like a Christmas tree!

I tried fooling with both the "Disable Glow" and "Shimmer" options in the Shipmaker, but nothing resolved it. Did I miss something?
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Disable glow in the options menu by setting it to black. (Drag all the sliders until the preview shows black)
Himmelhand
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Himmelhand »

OK, so it turns out I made a stupid mistake and never saved a version with the glows off. Resolving that fixed all but one:

I can't tell where this is coming from, since all of my parts have glow turned off, and I deleted everything that looks like it could be the source. Can cores give off a glow?

Also, how can I get the ship to maintain an even color instead of fading out towards the bow--that's due to depth, right? They look the same in the Shipmaker.

Thanks for the response, Aidan. What options menu are you talking about? I don't recall ever seeing one with dragable sliders.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

As in the one in BSF itself, the OPTIONS button on the main menu. There's an area which lets you set player/team colours. Scroll through those 'til it hits Glow, then set all of it's sliders to the far left.

To disable the artificial fade, toggle gradients.
Himmelhand
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Himmelhand »

Alright, everything works, thanks for your help.

HamanoKinji
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HamanoKinji »

is you ship stopped while engaging the little pirates?

i wanna see what kind of exhaust you've mounted on it...

also.. try putting some "fake aegis" especially on the exhaust part...

it can give a glowing engine and it will look even better...

and about your ship..

it looks like a shuttle sliced to half in the middle...

the front area looks hollow... do you intend to do that?

and you might wanna change the default colored parts...

it hurts the eyes when it's controlled by player...

other than those... good job... and the ship is kinda blocky.. but it seems unfinished...

keep perfecting it...
[img]http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o414/valkyrion22/Pivots/Signature.png[/img]