Some new ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Okob
Ensign
Ensign

Some new ships

Post by Okob »

These are the first ships I've made in a while that i think are of reasonable quality, they are roughly balanced with the metagame, but i have taken a few liberty's with balancing, such as the main gun on the Tempus.

FACv01 Deneir Fast Attack Corvette

The Deneir works well alongside the larger Kossuth, as both prefer picking off small targets, rather than getting into a slugging match. While not particularly sturdy, it is fast, and excels at eliminating strikecraft and gunships.

Hull: 450
Speed: 3.9
Turning: 2
Accel: 0.2
Threat: 65 (66.84)

Armament:
1x LBE
2x Laser Cannon
2x AFBE
1x Flak PD
1x Quad LKC Scattergun (LKC with burst 4)

FAF01 Kossuth Fast Attack Frigate

Not the hardest hitter in it's field, the Kossuth is among the fastest, and is intended more for hit and run tactics, harassing it's target, and weakening them over numerous engagements.

Hull: 700
Speed: 3
Turning: 0.95
Accel: 0.1
Threat: 110 (108.78)

Armament:
3x Twin KC turret
2x Quad LKC Scattergun
2x LBE
1x x10 Heavy Missile Launcher

FsF01 Savras Fire Support Frigate

the Savras was designed to offer heavy fire support for small fleets and wolfpacks of small ships, and it provides, with it's two low yield cruise missile launchers, and spinal cannon, allowing it to reach out and deliver some real hurt to anything in it's own size class, and cause trouble even for larger prey. However, storing so many warheads on board gives it a tendency to accidentally explode when shot.

Speed: 2.3
Turning: 0.8
Threat: 125 (122.98)

Armament:
4x x8 Light Missile Launcher
2x Low Yield Cruise Missile Launcher (-300 damage, 0.6 bullet scale)
1x Light EPC (-100 range, -30 damage, -25 explosion size, -50 reload, +3 bullet speed)
3x quad LKC Scattergun
2x Flak Scattergun PD (-2 clip size, -2 fire rate, burst 3)

XF01 Kelemvor Prototype Laser Cannon Frigate

A simple retrofit of the Savras hull, this ship is the first to use a new type power plant, allowing it to fit heavy energy weapons onto a relatively small hull, though in trials it has proven less reliable, frying it's own circuitry if not carefully regulated. It is, however, sturdier than the Savras, and less prone to detonating when receiving hostile fire.

Hull: 850
Speed: 2.3
Turning: 0.8
Threat: 125 (122.98)

Armament:
6x Single Heavy Laser Cannon
1x MBE
1x Light EPC
3x Quad LKC scattergun
2x Flak Scattergun PD

D01 Talos Barrage Destroyer

An older design, the Talos uses almost entirely kinetic weaponry, aside for its two point-defense lasers, a necessity of it's old, low output reactor. A refit, using a newer powerplant, is planned, but in the meantime it's abundance of kinetic cannons and vast quantity of missiles allows it to overwhelm most point defense grids.

Hull: 1200
Speed: 2.1
Turning: 0.75
Accel: 0.09
Threat: 190 (190.51)

Armament:
1x Twin EPC Turret
3x Triple KC turret
2x Twin KC turret
4x x40 Light Missile launchers
15x LKC
4x Flak PD
2 PD laser

AsC01 Tempus Assault Cruiser

The Tempus is designed around its main gun, a triple barrel magnetic rail accelerator, and it uses a similar reactor to the one found on the Kelemvor, allowing it to fit various other energy weapons in addition to the rail cannon. this ship is a beast, capable of tackling a swarm of frigates on its own, and piercing the vital systems of larger ships with ease.

Hull: 2100
Speed: 1.7
Turning: 0.5
Accel: 0.06
Threat: 255 (255.74)

Armament:
1x Spinal Tri Heavy Railgun (burst 3)
3x MBE
2x EPC Turret
6x x40 Light Missile Launcher
4x twin KC turret
4x Extended Range Particle Accelerator
6x Quad LKC Scattergun
4x flak PD
2x PD laser

Carr01 Akadi Micro Carrier

Built to provide even the lightest of fleets with strikecraft support, the Akadi carries only a single squadron, and no real offensive power of its own, however, it is faster, smaller, and harder to catch than other carriers, and it's light kinetic scattergun and modified AFBEs allow it to provide anti-fighter support even when it's own squadron is deployed elsewhere.

Hull: 400
Speed: 2.9
Turning: 1
Accel: 0.12
Threat: 65 (65.79)

Armament:
1x Quad LKC Scattergun
4x Overcharged AFBE (-5 duration, +10 reload, deviation 0.05, init. deviation 0.1, +1 damage)
1x Strikecraft Squadron

SSF01 Azuth Multirole Strike drone
(full zoom)

A small unmanned drone, the Azuth carries a single torpedo launcher for anti-warship roles, and a pair of very light beam emitters for use against strikecraft and gunships. though cheap and expendable, they are not very strong, and must swarm a target to have a real effect.

Hull: 80
Speed: 4.5
Turning: 1.8
Accel: 0.2

Armament:
1x Torpedo Launcher
2x Fighter Beam Emitter (AFBE, -15 duration, -20 reload)

Download at: http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Okob_Fleet_2.zip
Includes all custom sprites used, plus red and green team stripe versions.

Comments and criticism are welcome.
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

Those ships look very good, and (though i suck at this myself) they look depthed. Good Job :), Make More
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Very nice effect with the Talos' tribarrel turrets. The Kossoth has some iffy reptition in the wings, but nice use of the teamstripes all round for added colour.
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

Great ships I like the depthing alot!
any chan ce there are going to be more ships around?
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Okob
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Okob »

Thanks for all the positive comments, though as for the Kossuth, i thought the repetition was fitting for it's "flying wing" shape. However, i decided to modify it anyway, which resulted in this new ship:

FAF02 Malar Fast Attack Frigate

An update of the Kossuth hull, the Malar fills the same role, but replaces the old light missile rack with a 5 round heavy missile launcher, and loses a twin KC in exchange for an MBE.

Speed: 3
Turning:0.95
Accel: 0.15
Threat: 100 (101.98)

Armament:
2x Twin KC Turret
1x MBE
2x LBE
1x x5 Heavy Missile Launcher
2x Quad LKC Scattergun

DL: http://filesmelt.com/downloader/FAF02_M ... rigate.zip