My ships are looking at you...muhahahaha, eye ships on pg2

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Please, take screenshots and standard zoom. (hit home, IIRC)
Far too zoomed in, and it's warping the forum frame.

Default zoom also improves the crispness of sections, which makes any ship look better.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I do, for the record, like the way you contained that energy ball; nice to see those dst sprites being used that way. I think if you managed to get the transformation to work, its an awesome idea, though seems like the rest of the ship got left out which makes it rather boring. The engines, however, are atrocious by virtue of just being piled randomly, imo.

ahem WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR FILING SYSTEM AND WHY WOULD YOU RELEASE THIS SHIP LIKE THIS!?!? ahem

Custom sprites\stuff i can't get to work\HorseMonster_Realistic\HM_RealisticExhaustplume02.png????? Thats just one example...
Unless I'm on a totally different page about how sprites are supposed to be files, in which case I apologize.[/sarcasm]
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

ahem WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR FILING SYSTEM AND WHY WOULD YOU RELEASE THIS SHIP LIKE THIS!?!? ahem

Custom sprites\stuff i can't get to work\HorseMonster_Realistic\HM_RealisticExhaustplume02.png????? Thats just one example...
Unless I'm on a totally different page about how sprites are supposed to be files, in which case I apologize.[/sarcasm]
well crap...i'm still semi-new to this and i didn't think that the folders would be downloaded along with the ship....My deepest apologies, I am now proceeding to correct this.

Edit* I also downloaded all of these before I registered for forums, so I also must apologize for my carelessness.
naysayers will be shot
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Its no problem, your new so its understandable. Just caught me off guard because not many people have the attention span to finish a ship and actually release it so I figured it would be all good.
You are supposed to release the sprite folders with the download, just make sure your filing system is the same as everyone elses. Each thread that has a sprite pack download should also have the proper folder name.
Yours seem ok, except each pack should be under custom sprites without the 'sw sprites' or 'more sw sprites' folders inbetween. If a old sprite pack was re released in tsa format, it usually says so in the title. Sorry for being harsh. It really shouldn't take too long to fix, so hurry because I was all ready to fight it!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

er...strike that, this will take quite a while, mine were jacked up bad, i also gotta figure out all the weapon folders too, haven't even started yet
naysayers will be shot
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

No worries, your problems are solved I think. Download this: http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Arc_Sprites.zip
and copy the custom sprites folder to your Battleships Forever directory. Allow it to overwrite everything you have there. Its a big ass download but it seems to be mostly up to date. Simple and clean hopefully, though theres alot of folders that can be deleted because their old or junk.

To fix your ships, you can either manually drop each section into shipmaker and reparent, or open the .sb4 file in notepad and simply remove the extra directory line you gave them. I.e. instead of customsprites/more sw sprites/arc turrets, it would just be customsprites/arc turrets. Something like that.

Also, I like your uh...avatar...
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Well that is the most useful thing ever, and I got an idea, i'm making a backup of the old jacked up folder to keep my old ships. And thanks about the "avatar" (best movie EVER, no joke)

Proceeding to fix the folder now
naysayers will be shot
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

new ship with awesome new stuff thanks to jwa here.
Angler Carrier.

ergh i don't think i'll release the download for the other ships, due to the fact that i would have to practically remake them

yes droid, i gotthe zoom correct now
naysayers will be shot
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Ok after realizing how generic and boring the ships in this thread are...I have reverted back to making "thruster eye ships" like the ones i made to look like insects previously. So yea...three more ships. (did i get the ship classifications correct? dunno if they'd be frigates or destroyers.)

Loh-Matak Beam Destroyer.
The Aliens have seemed to start using human building styles :)

Akri-Matak Missile Destroyer.
yep...its green

and my personal favorite...
Tu-Matak Workhouse Destroyer
red awesomeness right?

yea i've been a little depressed lately so thats probably why they are so colorful.
Comments and Criticism much needed!
naysayers will be shot