Rikkie's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Being wide is the point of the ship?
Wat?
So...it wants to be a big target?
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Droid wrote:Being wide is the point of the ship?
Wat?
So...it wants to be a big target?
A long ship is just as big a target from the side. If you're a big target from the front, concentrate your armor there.

I wish we saw more wide ships really, it's something we haven't seen much of.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

I think you should work on the bomber just a bit more, but the Transport ship is a good place for you to start a long line of quality ships
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Looks like a blocky version of the flying wing. I'm going to comment on the bomber a bit. Get rid of the two glows on the wing, between the engine exhausts and main fuselage. One reason why most people don't like it is because one can't tell the difference between wing and fuselage. I like how you darkened the wing to differentiate, but those glows definitely undo that. You should also try streamlining the bomber just a bit, by putting a bit on the front and back, giving the "wings" a bit more shape and distinction.

Sweet transport.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

I like the transport. For the bomber, what if you did something like this:

You could have the bombs only deploy when those open as the ship gets close to its target. I've seen it done with triggers...

Still think it needs engines though which will help eliminate the block, and some kind of nose wouldn't hurt.
Rikkie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rikkie »

Okay, thank's for the c&c. I'll try to make the bomber triggered and one more question: Should I delete the glows? (All of them, or just half?)
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

Probably the one near the front and the center one because TO ME, they are an eye sore
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Rikkie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rikkie »

Well, at the moment I can't figure out how to make the trigger work :? Here's what I want:

I want the wings to move to the target and the missile launcher shoot after the wing acquires the target. Lots of missiles, but the reload will be long. Afterwards, I want the wings to move to its origin and end. Here's what I try:

I put a missile launcher parented to the dark wing section. I moved it nearer to the center. I set the section's trigger on as 'Weapon acquired target' and trigger off 'Frames elapsed (s).' I did what was needed to make the section move (moving disabled but set the right angle and the speed etc and to wait 180 frames after reaching target) right clicking the weapon while section selected I clicked 'Set on trigger 1' and 'Set off trigger 2'
After that, I edited the weapon to wait 150 frames before shooting so the wing can expand before the missile launcher starts shooting. And this is what happens:

When I order the ship to shoot, instead of waiting the 150 frames it shoots instantly.
The wing expands once, and closes once. Later it doesn't work properly.
Rikkie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rikkie »

Still looking guidance for the above.

And new ship:
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Wow neat ship, very different in style to what most ships are like on here.
It has a cool look to it, it just seems to be missing a lighter section at the nose area.

Sorta like a face without its nose.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

The back fin seems too thin, it seems that it could snap off if the ship turned too quickly.

Other than that, it's a pretty solid use of the DSTech section.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Rikkie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rikkie »

Is this any better?

I placed some additional sections. (smaller wings near the two side engines etc.)

EDIT: And a carrier.