collaborative ship design: Guitarship

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

don't change it! I like the giant section, you just need flames or soem kinda design to go across it like Eri did. Then it will look like a cover plate for the guitar and the bridge and such will really stand out. Your still missing the volume and tone switches which would make sweet bases for turrets. Each of the tuning keys would also work for that. I'd use Kae msc sw 29 for the fret markers along the neck, that or kae sml sw 20 as a vent type piece.
LactoseTolerant wrote:Apologies for taking so long, was, and still is, bogged down with college apps.
good luck with that :lol:
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

I finally found the last sprite I was missing.

I'm going to be making some custom sprites for the detail work, like the frets and strings, among other bits. Anyone have any idea what the pack should be called?

EDIT:

I'm thinking of using the empty space between the horns on the head of the guitar as a focal point for some kind of wankbeam, ala the deathstar (multiple lasers focusing on a single point, attack beam emitting from the focal point). I'd like to add some special effects to this using extra, layered beams The idea I have in my head is a single, very thick beam with thinner beams rotating around it, giving off the impression of the beams rotating around like it's a cylinder. The way I plan to do this is to have each beam physically move from one edge of the main beam to the other over a period of time, then going immediately back to origin and starting over. This will giving the impression of an over-under effect rather than the beams simply appearing to move side to side. I hope. Just recording this so I don't forget.

EDIT2:

I should probably do the strings as doodads. That way, I can make them red and glowy/translucent.