New forumer's first posted ship

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Captain...er...
Ensign
Ensign

New forumer's first posted ship

Post by Captain...er... »

I have played BSF for some time, but this is really my first time on the forum. I submit this ship for comments:

This ship was made in sb3, so it is not as good as it could be, and I haven't messed with the colors, but what do you think?
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Seeing as it's SB3, its quite outdated.
However, I can give a general pointer : don't repeat sections quite so much (especially if you start using SB4's, since there are lolhugeamount of sections now).

Not too much else I can comment on, really. Shape is fairly generic, no coloring (as noted).
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

I think its not too generic but the back looks a bit flimsy and could use abit more coloring (as noted) but other-wise this is a decent ship! :)
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Captain...er...
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain...er... »

Thanks for the input. I will try to color ships in the future, but every time I have tried so far the ship seems to wind up looking worse. I'll probably figure it out sooner or later.
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

Oh and BTW you can depth the wepons but yuo have to set a parent that will always be lower than the peice you want the wepon to be below... and don't depth then mirror because it will come up with an error that is a pain in the butt later
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]