My best Ships so far

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Svnine7
Ensign
Ensign

My best Ships so far

Post by Svnine7 »

yeah i want to share some pics but i don't know how. could someone tell me![/img]
Why do people on facebook talk in third person?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

Would it kill you not to take everything as a personal insult? I'm sure he didn't mean to be annoying.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I may be speaking out of part here, but yes, I'm afraid it would.
I would be forced to admit the inherent idiocy of humanity and that it is impossible to change it. I wouldn't wish to live in such a dark and disheartening world... oh wait, I already did admit it. Excuse me while I go cut myself.

Every time a n00b asks a stupid question before reading the stickies, I die inside a little more, and god kills a kitten.

Save the kittens. READ THE FUCKING STICKIES.

They're sticky for a reason, damn it. :(

Also: No pictures, no post. Seriously, the title is misleading, and it's in the wrong forum. If it was here and said "How to post pictures", I wouldn't be as bothered by it, and I would accept your explanation, MZ. This looks like someone trying to be annoying (or just plain dumb).
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

MagusZero wrote:Would it kill you not to take everything as a personal insult? I'm sure he didn't mean to be annoying.
I don't take it as a personal insult, I just find it irritating that people can't even be bothered to use their eyes and brain to locate what they need, and instead ask a stupid question.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

And who doesn't know about the Print Screen Button?
Paint is provided free with windows, and Linux, and Mac both have equivalents, and Wine or any other Windows emulator or translator sure could run Paint.

Blah
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Silverware wrote:And who doesn't know about the Print Screen Button?
Paint is provided free with windows, and Linux, and Mac both have equivalents, and Wine or any other Windows emulator or translator sure could run Paint.
Actually, you don't even need to do that. Both Linux and Mac offer as standard features a partial screenshot option. They even save it straight to the desktop for you. And besides, even in Windows there's always Alt-PrtScr, if you don't want to bother editing out the background.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

It isn't in the wrong section, I don't think. I think he had some ships he wanted to post then realised he didn't know how. Only a guess.

And some people aren't all that familliar with forums. If they don't know, they hardly need abuse to learn to do things properly. It just bugs me that you basically insult his very first post and don't give any warnings. If people DON'T learn, I don't mind at all if they get insulted.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

His post has a link to the stickied information thread the topic creator needs.

So it's good. That way he'll learn. Better he take some biting from here than from other places that harbour a far less helpful atmosphere
Svnine7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Svnine7 »

WOW i didnt realize asking a question would be a problem. I am new to forms cut me some slack. anyway Image
this is one of, in my mind, the coolest ships i have made. I know it is a bit loaded on weapons but it is meant to be functional too.
this is my first attempt at including moving functions into my ships. The tow plasma balls move back when fired.

any constructive criticism and tips are welcome
Svnine7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Svnine7 »

ugh!!! just forget it i am trying to figure this out.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Svnine7 wrote:I am new to forms cut me some slack.
Even more reason to use your eyes and your brain, then.

As for why the screenshots won't show up, it's probably because you used bmp format, which is, by the way, a bad choice, because of excessively large file sizes. You should use something like Paint or Irfanview to crop your screenshots (so only show the ship, not the entire window) and save it as a .png file (preferably).
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

The first ship is quite decent for a first ship. I like the shape and you've maintained fairly clean lines. I see that you used several shades of blue and purple for shading; while its not the best for showing depth, at least your on the right track. I would suggest depthing some of the weapons by pressing w, so they stay with the section their parented too. Also some sort of shading for them wouldn't hurt either. As it is I like the curves on the back, though not necessarily those sections, but I can definitely see how it would look in 3d. I think a 'higher' centerline along the middle, probably by shading them a lighter color, would really improve it too. Just work on shading and weapons, and it will be a keeper.

The second one while somewhat interesting at first glance, is really just the same section spammed alot. Might be able to do something with it but better off working with the first ship or making a newer design.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Okay, since we mentioned just about every common way to take a screenshot and it's still not working, I'm just putting them up there for you so other people don't have to copy and paste the URL. Also, for future reference, we prefer screenshots as .png files, because bitmaps are stupidly huge and jpegs come with strings attached.

The First Thing
The Second Thing
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."