From the guy who put the A to the Symmetry - update 8/July

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

New Carrier I´m working on.

edit:Throwing a Tanker on the top.

edit:Frosting the cake with a freighter.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Not bad, the orange of the fuel tanks doesn't seem right, probably because modern fuel tanks use grey with red stickers or red. And the Dark Cyan panels are strange too.

But the rest of the ships are well made. The sections flow, and the colors even work together.
Good job.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

I'm request you quit zooming in when you take screenshots. It distorts the ship and I can't tell whether they're great or crap. Default zoom plz.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

vVhorpax is back, joy and exuberance \o/

And with splendid ships nonetheless. Maybe they could even serve well as HW2 ship textures, with some manipulation. Although i have to agree with the comments regarding stretching/shrinking; its just too visible.

I can see why you would want to do zoomed-in screenshots for these, but if its not too much effort, please include default-zoom screenshots of every ship as well.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

Kay kay, here you get it, to explain why I tend to zoom in, have you ever build a ship on a monitor that has a 1920x1080 resolution? The window tends to get a bit small. So please give a little hint sometimes, but stop the witchhunt and we all will have a wonderful time.

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Don't worry no ones after you, I'm pretty sure we all build while zoomed in, but it just makes your ships look better. And they really do look great! What rgb are you using to get that brown? I love all the little details you've put into this. Also the asymmetry of course, but more than that they just look more realistic rather than tightly packed tanks like I tend to build. This is like a happy medium between Horsemonster's realism and more massive ships. Can't wait for more!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

jwa8402 wrote:Don't worry no ones after you, I'm pretty sure we all build while zoomed in, but it just makes your ships look better.
QFT. Build in whatever zoom you want, just remember to hit Home to default zoom before taking screenshots.
vVhorpax wrote: have you ever build a ship on a monitor that has a 1920x1080 resolution?
I'm on 1680x1050, so I kinda know what you're on about. I zoom all over the place, especially if I'm trying to fine-tune the positioning of sections.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I use both 1920x1080 and 1280x1024, just don't use full screen mode =P
Zooming works for construction, and home works for checking the thing out.
I'm usually zoomed in close enough to see about 6 sections across my workspace.
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

i like the tanker, were i can download the fuel tanks?
other thing, post download link! :D
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Fuel tanks are absolutely lovely. Nice use of "glows" paired with sensible asymmetry. Still some distortion with stretching though.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

A light Carrier WIP.

Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Ah I remember you, your old asymm ships were fabulous and then you disappeared without leaving a download link! Well welcome back to the community, and you've returned with some fantastic ships, particularly those brown ones. Just one thing, IMO, the larger engines on the light carrier should be replaced by more of the smaller engines like on the tanker, but otherwise, excellent work.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

After constructing several Carriers, I´m thinking it´s time for a Battlecruiser with some guns to defend my little fleet.

The orbital dock diary of the first Braxton class BC.

The NX-07 Engines:

Adding the fueltanks and the main reactor:

Next the structure:

The crew area, bridge support and likewise areas added:

Start of hullconstructing and aux energy systems:
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

After a weekend full of partys, I´m enslaving the workforce again to complete the work on the Braxton BC.

More hullplating:

Weapon bays installed:

Braxton complete:

Braxton Battle Cruiser
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Wow! Very nice work, you're our best weapon in the fight against boring symmetry! I particularly like the large cannons.