From the guy who put the A to the Symmetry - update 8/July

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

From the guy who put the A to the Symmetry - update 8/July

Post by vVhorpax »

Some guys/gals here will remember me, I vanished some time ago. Now after over a year I returned and what did I find, some awesome new content. I would thank all the people who made this additional custom sprites.

So here they are, my ships after a long time.

Last edited by vVhorpax on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Omicron »

Looks real nice!
Aced on that asymmetry my friend!
only a couple of bad things!
that contrast is high on tall places!
please press home when taking a picture! (unless its really really really big)
stretching is also a small problem!

The colour selection is great it seems I am set to forever use that gloomy gray colour :cry:
what type of fleet is this? with a bit more ramshackleness and darkerish brown (yellow?) colours it would make a nice looking scavenger style fleet
Also like your doodad placement!
overall they are nice ships and a hoping to see a whole fleet developed out of your style!
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

Omicron wrote:Looks real nice!
Aced on that asymmetry my friend!
only a couple of bad things!
that contrast is high on tall places!
please press home when taking a picture! (unless its really really really big)
stretching is also a small problem!

The colour selection is great it seems I am set to forever use that gloomy gray colour :cry:
what type of fleet is this? with a bit more ramshackleness and darkerish brown (yellow?) colours it would make a nice looking scavenger style fleet
Also like your doodad placement!
overall they are nice ships and a hoping to see a whole fleet developed out of your style!
Thanks for the constructive criticism, to improve my new run on the game as shipbuilder I would ask you a bit further about the things you mentioned.
Where are the streching problems, I tied to shrink every piece in a even way, so I honestly don´t know where they are.
I used the strong contrast to create a more rifted stye, in my opinion, does it work now with that in mind?
The press home story, I know, it´s a bad habit of mine. Since I start small and always tend to zoom in, I always forget this and I think this will happen again in the future and it won´t kill me. ^^
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

Yellow isn't bad, just seems a bit oversaturated here. I'd suggest going for a slightly creamier color, and adding just a bit to the gray. I certainly don't think it's bad, though. Seems designed quite well, though I've never understood why people like assymetry so much.
Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Omicron »

The stretched things are the antennas and if you look closely on the 2nd ship at the right of it where it pokes out it has a stretched antenna and piece... just to name a few
Rifted eh? It works... I guess :D
BTW welcome back to the forums!

oh and Magus they like Asymmetry because its different!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The gates of hell have opened once again. Welcome back.

These ships are pretty cool. They look gritty, realistic. I have a slight problem with the colors though, you might want to use washed down colors. The bright yellows worked well with the old style of sections, but this one it looks a little... I dunno, I don't like it. Could you also post a default-zoom screenshot, please?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

Ohh... the antennas, I can dig that. So I think I have to make a custom antenna pack. Antennas were quite all the rage back in my active times.

edit: home-style screencaps.

Last edited by vVhorpax on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Omicron »

there is a sprite pack available with antennas not sure what one it is!
just search it up you will find it
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

I don't know about you, but I like the Construction Vehicle Yellow.

I just think the screenshots need to be retaken at normal zoom level.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

thanto_ wrote:I don't know about you, but I like the Construction Vehicle Yellow.

I just think the screenshots need to be retaken at normal zoom level.
I too like bold strong colors, it´s totally the fault of Homeworld.
"Bums in space" who can resist?

edit: a new one on its way to the dock to get armed.

Last edited by vVhorpax on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

Lovely ships, i like the colouring and ,on my opinion, the asymetrical technique on those ships are very good executed, just one thing, on the last ship, the main weapon look over-scretched. continue the work! :D

Note: my english is really bad, i have some errors, sorry :oops:
Last edited by Bentusi on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Wow. These ships are quite well made. I'm rather new here, so I don't know you, but you made asymmetrical ships look good.

Overall, it's a nice ship. The glows are well done, placement is good, and while the yellow is a bit saturated, that's not a major problem. I give you one fap of appreciation.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

The color scheme and gradient is nice and gives a depth of it's own. It also makes it look very realistic. Some stretching issues, but doesn't take away too much from the overall design.

The engines can use some work, however. Was somewhat disappointed when you didn't design them like the rest of the ship.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

I think this is easily the nicest looking All Asymmetrical fleet I've seen, but one suggestion: SCHOOL BUS YELLOW! (FFD500 hex, 255/213/0 RGB)

Mod Edit: Stripping out the colour because that's fucking stupid and unreadable. - Arc.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Awesome ships. They look very functional. I would actually like a download for the brown ship.