Royal Navy, WWII (And other navies if this works out)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

vonGraff
Ensign
Ensign

Royal Navy, WWII (And other navies if this works out)

Post by vonGraff »

Queen Elizabeth Class Battleship

Main Armament - 8x 15" guns in 4 turrets

Tribal-Class Destroyer (no background info, but just think of a WW2 sub hunting destroyer with emphasis on surface warfare.)

Main Armament - 4x 6" guns
2x 21" Torpedoes

I took some liberties with the weapon loadouts, fyi.

For those who have no idea what this is -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Eliz ... battleship

The Queen Elizabeth class are a class of battleships built during WWI and went on to serve gallantly in WWII, sporting 8 15" guns and an array of smaller weaponry. (In my version, I excluded the torpedo tubes and some of the smaller, superfluous guns, because I'm actually making more of these and having fleet battles, so I need to think about balance.)

Also, just for kicks -

Spitfire (or Seafire, if you want to be a stickler.)

Once I build the carriers, they are gonna have to launch SOMETHING... (I even figured out how to make 'em move like actual planes! :P )

For both of these, many guns are invisible so that the deck/plane doesn't look too crowded.

Also, credit to Panzerfaust for laying the groundwork for my turret sprites unknowingly.
Last edited by vonGraff on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

One, you have stretched the sections out too much. Only stretch it 1 or two times, best is none at all. Also, take screenshots at normal zoom unless the ship can't be seen clearly.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Wayyy too much stretching. That thing is an ugly piece of shit, but would be less ugly if you didn't stretch it so much. However, the main guns are pretty nice.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Linkfan23
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Linkfan23 »

As others have said, way too much stretching. I really like the spitfire though. It would be neat to have a bunch of WWII type ships in one epic battle.
[img]http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/6213/linkfansignatureli5.jpg[/img]
vonGraff
Ensign
Ensign

Post by vonGraff »

I fixed the stretching except for a few insignificant pieces that I hope no one will notice. Any other advice? Maybe on coloring? I tried to replicate the wooden deck, seems like you guys didn't really like that at all.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

In my humble opinion, you shouldn't really try to replicate the deck. It's not even the coloring that's off. You could get it spot-on, and it would still look wrong. Why? Because ship decks were made with planking. Rows of the same type of wood laid out in the same direction. The BSF sections, however, don't even come close to replicating it. You have a patch of light "wood" here, surrounded by a band of dark, with two patches of light in front with more dark angling in from the sides and running down the middle. It just doesn't actually look like an old-timey ship's deck, and never will unless you make your own sprites to simulate it.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."