my first ships to show

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

psyburn
Ensign
Ensign

my first ships to show

Post by psyburn »

Hello everyone,

these are my first ships to show on the battleships forever forum. I've been building ships for a long time now. just with some friends and in time i have checked up on the forum for building ideas.

When i just recently came on the forums i noticed the new textures for ships. i thought it they were very interesting so i made a couple of ships and a station.

so here are a few ships i would like to show you guys and if you have any tips for me ill welcome them.

this is the yoeri a frigate class ship until now it is the strongest ship in the fleet.

this is the vogel a scout class ship used for well.. scouting :)

this is an old mining station still used to mine asteroids.

this is the punisher an interceptor class vessel its actualy a enhance vogel scout with more weapons better armor en extra fuel pods.

this is a experimental ship that uses beam weapon technology to project a shield around enhanced armor components. this ship has never been used in combat.

this is the standard mining vessel with 4 mining lasers it can work super efficient.

this is the homer also a frigate class this ship is used as battle ship to coordinate atacks.

this is the flash small lightly armed but cheap vessels. most wars are fought by these ships. a dozen of these will destroy any ship they come across.

well tell me what you like about my ships an what you dislike so i can improve them.
<('-')>
dgms17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Weapons

Post by dgms17 »

Why don't you use new weapon sprites? :idea:
Room21
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Room21 »

Weapon sprites are the least worry right now.
Is there any chance we could see the ships in shipmaker view. If you press F11, it gets rid of the parenting lines and puts it in preview mode, default zoom(press home)and pressing F9 let's you draw a nice box around your ship
psyburn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by psyburn »

i like the old weapon sprites :)

here are the screenshots from the ship maker

just noticed some images are not working but you can click the broken image thingy
<('-')>
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

:D you named a ship after me

Well, your smaller ships have better section work than your larger ships... Your frigate could benefit from a larger variety of sections and the shape needs a little work, also you can depth the thrusters and if you want weapons with the w key. Overall these are decent ships for a first timer and ok for nomal ships.

Welcome to the forums :)
dgms17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dgms17 »

Ok the weapons are fine.
The rear of the first ship seems a bit flat though and 'number 4' is a bit simple.
I like the third ship and your spacestation, but you should check horsemonster's page.
psyburn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by psyburn »

i'll start with making the mining vessel somewhat complexer

ill post it when i've got it done
here it is

i only think its to wide at the front. also the weapons on the ship are hidden now.
<('-')>
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Looks nice. I actually really like it. The only problem is that you've over-shrank some sections. See if you can't do something about it.