cycerin's ~Space Chippe Shoppe~

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I must say though some of the glows on these ships are leaning towards the overkill side of the dial.
Almost like the sections should be 100% transparent and just have ships of glows only flying around.
Dreamyr
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Dreamyr »

Agreed. Never been a fan of overly glowy ships. Glows should be used more to accentuate the ship and depth as well as for things like landing bays and stuff. Otherwise I generally stay away from them.

To me when I see a ship with a lot of glows it's like the builder isn't confident enough with their ship and so has to add all these glows to try and make it pretty when all they're actually doing usually is making it gaudy.

That's the way it is to me atleast.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Dreamyr wrote:Agreed. Never been a fan of overly glowy ships. Glows should be used more to accentuate the ship and depth as well as for things like landing bays and stuff. Otherwise I generally stay away from them.

To me when I see a ship with a lot of glows it's like the builder isn't confident enough with their ship and so has to add all these glows to try and make it pretty when all they're actually doing usually is making it gaudy.

That's the way it is to me atleast.
The way I see it is you should consider who you are talking to--Cycerin has more experience than you, me and half the forum combined. He's made one sparkly ship, but that's all. It IS a bit sparkly, but I think it was part of the theme, not because Cycerin is trying to be cheap. And, I don't think it's "over glowy". It's just very "shiny".
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

You guys are rehashing stuff I learnt half a year back. My super-glowy ships (well, mostly that "mecha peacock" which is the most extreme venture into that look) are all from 5-6 months ago. And yeah, there's reasons I started toning it down.