need feedback

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Also, when i'm making sprites i'm getting a read line around the outside of each piece. I'm using a red background, any idea why the rest of it would be transparent but not the pixles around the section?
Don't use any anti-aliasing. The sprites have to be hard edge.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

yeah... Unless Th15 goes and lets sections choose a transparency mask.

sprite_set_alpha_from_sprite(alpha_mask,sprite_name)

just as reference ;)
dgms17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dgms17 »

Are, what the others call 'fighter-docks', really fighter-docks? My first thought was that they might be boarding-pod-hangars. I’d suggest using the current center as a base for the rest of the center, because it’s a bit simple.
I know I should first get the log out of my own eye before putting it into someone else's.

For instance: I should change my signature.
Bomen zijn relax
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Wow, thanks guys! Glad to get positive reaction to a ship for onec!
About the fighter docks: ORiginally they were meant to be docks for built fighters but if I end up keeping them it will probably be more like a assemply line for constructing them. I agree they look kinda funny but the figthers fit in the gaps so well. Would it help if thye had a bottom section under the fighter so it isnt just floating there?
@silverware and th15: Thanks for the help guys, that otta fix it!
@Corporal Jomn: go right ahead, I would love to see what you come up with!
@Lactosetolerant and Intuenso: Ya, I agree and I do plan to make it more interesting and probably assymetrical, just waiting for the right combo of sections to come to me. Will probably have a main gun on a swivel that rotates around the edge of that part so I wanna get that done first.
@dgms17: Agreed. Actually thought about putting a planet sprite in the middle so it looks like an orbital ring base but the scale of the ships and how the planet would be is all wrong. Maybe an asteroid or small moon sprite instead?

Scrapped the cruiser drydock idea for now, just built scafolding over the destroyer instead. Made its projected size much smaller but will still have room for a whole mess of weapons. Gonna have autoguns and ainti fgihter beams on WSKR type satalites orbiting the shipyard.

*edit* should i keep the station(not the ships) the grey color schem, or make it brown like vVorpax uses, or somethign else?
Last edited by Raul on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

OMG :shock: I can't beleive how complex it is!
Howlong did this take?
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Meh, an hour or two for the original structure tehn I've been fiddling with it ever since. Two corvettes and updated the destroyer

Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

All these are wip of course, so all C&C is welcome...
inm gonna try to turn that white piece on top into a bridge sprite if I get some time. going for a whitestar look as far as teh bridge being raised on top.