Pseudo-Chainship! New ship starts on page 4.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

derekiv, don't make one-line off-topic spam posts in my thread you worthless sack of shit.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Also, wow. Just wow. PCS Mk 1 was okay. It turned out fairly decently, I think, if not great. Francis was quite a success I think, in its own way. I didn't entirely like where it ended up, but that was me.

As to Sulis... I kind of hate it. Like, a lot. And I have no idea what Aidan was thinking when he started expanding out the back, 'cause it did, and still does, look like complete shit.

So, Sulis is over. Someone else can start up a fourth pseudo-chainship if they want. I don't have the patience for it right now.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Congratulations guys! This is not a piece of epic failure as some have turned out. It looks rather nice. I think we should start a Holy Chainship gallery.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Actually, in profile it seems like it would look better turned around. I didn't participate because I'm not big on the alien ships, but if I might suggest a Terran design to start with would be easier to add onto without narrowing the choices for following people. On both Francis and Sulis, they kept getting more spiky and having more weird curves so that when the next person added it just looked over done. Also seemed like several people kept doing the same shapes as the previous person which bulked it up in weird ways, so maybe engine/bridge/wings/weapons assignments would be easier. Just my opinion.
Gisiebob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Gisiebob »

I'd like to (re)start this with something a little different.

I've made something just plain awful. actually, it's a recreation of Anna's guide to good shipbuilding's test ship, just in sw sprites.
it's up to you to make it, at there very least, bearable.

is bearable really spelled bear-able? or is firefox spell check taunting me again?

anyways, here ya go:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EO82GAGE

also: two other optional things, I don't really see a need for a time limit. if Anna wants to continue enforcing it, well, it's his project, please do listen to him. but personally, I'd say take what time you feel appropriate. don't rush yourself, if you feel uneasy over something, sleep on it. or lick it, see if it tastes good. (but I'm not responsible for damage to your monitor if you do)
and I'd like to see...well, a bigger gene pool, really. try not to ride on the edge of the "post again after two other changes" rule. if you really need to fix something that someone else did to your precious baby, you should probably step back and breathe a few times.

except when it comes to me. I did something horrible, unspeakable to your precious baby, so fix it.

edit: edit: nevermind
you didn't make it easy. you saw through me, alright. but not well enough. because if you wanted to stay lost forever, you made one mistake.
you took my hat.

I LIKE my hat.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

What. The. Fuck. Are we allowed to Change those sprites, or what?

EDIT: Well, I decided to take up your challenge, dear sir. Here it is. You should be lucky I'm even putting up with it, considering your douch-ey file ordering.

I am also rechristening it Caroline, because I think it's a pretty name.

Caroline 001
Last edited by inteuniso on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Gisiebob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Pseudo-Chainship! New ship starts on page 4.

Post by Gisiebob »

same rules, so...
Anna wrote:3) If you remove any sections added by someone else, they count as sections you used. If you remove eight sections, you can't add any. If you remove five, you can add three. And so on. This is to discourage people from erasing other people's work while still allowing for it.
Last edited by Gisiebob on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
you didn't make it easy. you saw through me, alright. but not well enough. because if you wanted to stay lost forever, you made one mistake.
you took my hat.

I LIKE my hat.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Deebs after inteuniso.

Done~

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Caroline_002.zip

I see potential for some fightar bays!
Last edited by LactoseTolerant on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Gisiebob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Gisiebob »

Caroline is a pretty name.

and if you would please explain the problem you have with my file ordering instead of calling it names, it would make it so much easier to fix
you took my hat.

I LIKE my hat.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Just extract the folder to the custom sprites folder. You're done.
Gisiebob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Gisiebob »

so you are saying I should have it as custom sprites/verm_swstock22 instead of custom sprites/Verm_SWStock/verm_swstock22?

seems kinda messy, but ok.
you took my hat.

I LIKE my hat.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

custom sprites/Verm_SWStock/verm_swstock22 is the right directory.
You do NOT just have a billion files sticking in custom sprites. That is ATROCIOUS.
Gisiebob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Gisiebob »

that's what I thought. what folder are you talking about, then, inteuniso?
you took my hat.

I LIKE my hat.
Kazutek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kazutek »

might I just say, the new chainship was indeed horrible, and I actually tried to do something about it before the others posted their updates soo...

Guess I need to work on my speed. :oops:
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

I'm talking about custom sprites/plate sprites A/verm_SWStock/etc. that's how you had it. Anyways, Is someone gonna go?