been awhile

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

apotheosi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

been awhile

Post by apotheosi »

i recently decided to take up ship building again after being awol for an extended amount of time. so the following ships are the result of about 1 week's lurking around and messing around with the ship maker's trigger functions. also i'm still working out some of the kinks in the ships, ie still standard looking bullet sprites.

Hresvelgr class assault cruiser download
this was the first thing i built when i decided to come back to the forums. close quarters attack cruiser. the ship closes in and finishes off the enemy with its shock blaster battery and photon battery. for long range support roles, it has a pair of missile pods which deliver a devastating payload. the Hresvelgr's strength lies in its ability to weather attacks and as such serves as a first line attack unit, soaking up damage while other units finish the job.

Emmett class ram ship download
this ship i built with the idea of using a beam ram to 'ram' enemies with.
the ram is actually a set of aegis'd parts and 3 high powered pulse gattlings with modified bullet sprites. for some form of ranged attack, it has a riktofen gun which is a powerful shotgun-esque weapon.

beam ram
riktofen gun
ImageImageImage

dragonfly mkII guided bomb download
this one pretty much speaks for itself. i consider this one finished seeing as its purpose can be executed without a hitch, the arming mechanism works for most of the part and the detonation sequence gave an added linear splash damage bonus i did not forsee. oh and a tip for using the dragonfly: to deliver the linear splash, target anywhere on the enemy ship. to attempt to destroy the enemy ship, target the section just before the bridge. additionally, download this before downloading the red angel because this happens to be one of the weapons for the ship.

armed

impact and detonation
ImageImage

linear splash damage

red angel the name's still a WIP so name suggestions are welcome, except some of the sillier sounding ones like red fish. download
the jewel in my collection thus far. hitting the "," and "." buttons when the ship is selected transform the ship. need some of the kinks worked out in terms of the heavy missile turrets embedded in the canard wings seeing as they fire at odd angles and the missiles have a big tendency to miss the target 90% of the time. need some help adjusting the main gun also, the turret turns pretty oddly and i don't think i made the turret right, a lil help? additionally i'd also like to know how i can balance out the side double railgun turret, they're killing enemies a bit too fast but i'd like to maintain the spread-fire its giving.

good news is that the ship deployer works although you have to move the mothership aside to get at the dragonfly bombs.

transformation

riktofen gun (gun just before the main gun)

surprise side cannon
in insanity, everything makes sense.
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

Normally, removing the glow helps ships look better; but I think these look great without bothering. Some nice ideas here.
apotheosi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by apotheosi »

glow? hmm... think i'll turn it off and have a look see. thanks for the tip mate.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

MagusZero wrote:Normally, removing the glow helps ships look better; but I think these look great without bothering. Some nice ideas here.
I must argue that they do in fact look like they are coated in radioactive/glowing mayonnaise, which is not particularly appetizing as an idea.

Mind you, neither is mayonnaise, really.
apotheosi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by apotheosi »

aite, that settles it. definitely removing the glow. thanks for the extra input ^^