~Archalieus Shipyards~ - Rusty

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Youve certainly managed to establish a fairly unique style of your own, props for that. The last two ships, while not spectacular, are pleasant and eyecatching. At the same time you make use of many DST sections, yet they don't look out of place and create a nice texture. Overall, its visible that you're constantly improving, so keep going!

I wish to disagree with Silverware on the notion that the carrier needs to be longer. Not every ship has to be a long brick.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Very interesting stuff, especially like this one. I would love to see you develop this style into an entire fleet.

The last transformation of the Baraci(?) seems kinda silly looking to me, the forward area of the ship just thins out so much.

For the carrier, the only thing I'm concerned about is in-game performance. If it gets as big as you suggested in your last post, you might want to consider merging some sections together into one. Otherwise, it looks to be coming along nicely.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

AidanAdv wrote:Very interesting stuff, especially like this one. I would love to see you develop this style into an entire fleet.
I usually have trouble making the same style ships into a fleet. It's usually an expansion of a good idea I brew up in school, and then slap some similar colors on it :? . Is there a "rule of thumb" or tips about making themed ships?
AidanAdv wrote:The last transformation of the Baraci(?) seems kinda silly looking to me, the forward area of the ship just thins out so much.
I was trying to make a "travel" and a "combat" mode, the longer stick-like shape would be "more aerodynamic" and the ship would transform into that mode to travel long distances.
AidanAdv wrote:For the carrier, the only thing I'm concerned about is in-game performance. If it gets as big as you suggested in your last post, you might want to consider merging some sections together into one. Otherwise, it looks to be coming along nicely.
Um... merge? As in screenshot the ship, cut out sections, turning them into sprites, and re-building :? ?

Thanks for the support, guys! I apologise for not working on it more, finals week is heating up.

Bumb.

Got mired on the back... I might scrap it altogether.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The glows are nice but it seems a little...blocky? Those back "wings" seem a little too thick for my taste (so if you like it this can be completely voided) but perhaps beef up the front two wing things. I'd hate for you to scrap it because you have a nice hull shape going on there.
naysayers will be shot
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

I've tried various iterations of the wing layout, but without much success.

So i'm shelving that ship for now, and begin work on a similarly themed fleet.

The Garlah.

The Frayrul.

The Rihnman.

Life happens.
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

man your fleet looks very good design-wise
I like the dark(i want to say grey) and orange color scheme.

the only nit-pick that i have is that the Rihnman doesn't have the glow as the others do.
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

The Werkaid.

Life happens.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

VERY pretty...however some of those back glows look oddly placed and those things sprouting out of the wings are also a little weird looking.
naysayers will be shot
Kazutek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kazutek »

Wow, nice work on the multiple "thruster" design concept and way to go on the glows too.

The Werkaid could, however, get some fashion sense from the Garlah.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Very good. I'm seeing some steady improvement. The colors work very well and you've simulated depth pretty well. I also just love those glows.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Thanks guys! Apologies i've been off for most of Christmas, been busy with a personal copy of Yggdra Union for the PSP :oops:

Doiese-Class General Combat Frigate

Under those 8 turrets are "turret hardpoints" which can be used to employ various weapons systems.

Life happens.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

:|

Wakka wakka.

Castoin Light Missile Gunboat

Comments, questions, anything?

Life happens.
Kazutek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kazutek »

The Castoin looks good. Could use the finnage on the front too, facing the other way.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Sneak peek.

Wakka wakka.

Life happens.
Nabaco
Commander
Commander

Post by Nabaco »

Poor pirates