~Archalieus Shipyards~ - Rusty

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Oh wank...

First off, I feel bad for those stock ships. Second off, those ships are brilliant. I never really mastered the art of shipbuilding even now, and once I think I do, things like this put me to shame...

Sick stuff dude.

Your "generic space station" a few posts back is a bit bland in places, according to others, but in my opinion, the contrast stands out because it is not "uniformly" generic. You've got some clusters in there, might as well balance them out.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Win.
HS soon.
Want Donwload.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Silver Swordsman wrote:Oh wank...

First off, I feel bad for those stock ships. Second off, those ships are brilliant. I never really mastered the art of shipbuilding even now, and once I think I do, things like this put me to shame...

Sick stuff dude.

Your "generic space station" a few posts back is a bit bland in places, according to others, but in my opinion, the contrast stands out because it is not "uniformly" generic. You've got some clusters in there, might as well balance them out.

Here's the release of two more ships:

The Meriant.

The Meriant features a quad-cannon heavy artillery on it's mid rear. While it came out slightly large, and is a bit odd during it's first rounds, I think you'll like it.

The Astarte (one from the sneak peek).

Missiles!

Here's a DL for the fleet so far.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Ancardia.zip

I've packed alot of love, time, doodads and misc firing details into them, so enjoy! Some of them aren't very balanced (namely the Frayrul), but they can still all kill each other in a timely fashion :lol: . There's alot of custom weapon modding, as well as two super-turret designs.

Oh. A small warning on these. I have not been able to merge sections yet, so they may be quite CPU-intensive. I average 8-12 FPS running 2-3 of my ships at a time.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Purely amazing. The lighter gray sections do seem a bit cluttered though.
Otherwise epic.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Surprisingly, these ships aren't as striking as the scrapped mega-carrier. It's hard to say. They're a bit more cluttered, yes, they flow, not really: the ships are a bit "chaotic" if you get what I'm saying. Your previous ships were more awesome.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

I don't agree, I like these ships more than his previous work.
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

The Astarte is a nice ship, though I have a bit of a quirk with it. . . The amount of side bits in comparison to the overall length of the ship seems to great to me, also the change in the amount of grey also seems a little to strong, from the light grey to the dark grey. Though the other ship seems absolutely perfect to me. Also as silver said these ships seem a tad to chaotic.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Silver Swordsman wrote:Surprisingly, these ships aren't as striking as the scrapped mega-carrier. It's hard to say. They're a bit more cluttered, yes, they flow, not really: the ships are a bit "chaotic" if you get what I'm saying. Your previous ships were more awesome.
I had a hard time with the Meriant and the Astarte, as I hit alot of dead ends with both designs early on. Especially on the Meriant, where I had some experimental sectionwork out. Perhaps I got a little out of hand with the section layering,as I felt that I wasn't using enough DST sprites... lol.
Homer wrote:The Astarte is a nice ship, though I have a bit of a quirk with it. . . The amount of side bits in comparison to the overall length of the ship seems to great to me, also the change in the amount of grey also seems a little to strong, from the light grey to the dark grey. Though the other ship seems absolutely perfect to me. Also as silver said these ships seem a tad to chaotic.
Yeah, I saw that too, but I had used a quite large mecha sprite on the appendages, which apparently too large to color properly to have the "color depthing" I usually did.

I really appreciate the comments, guys! They help point out to me things I thought were only rolling in my head.

Life happens.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Mid-WIP.

Life happens.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Oooo thats a cool looking base, I can't wait to see how this turns out.
Only criticism i can offer is to look at the nose of it and rethink it a little, it seems to be the wrong shape to the rest of the ship.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Still arming, and 250+ sections strong :P

Edit: Explanations.

The Baraci is a interdictor cruiser, built to chase down fleeing enemies. It swaps from it's normal "Combat Mode" to it's "Chaser Mode", in order to catch it's prey.

The Garlah is a medium-long range support cruiser, it's twin Adex-50 cannons showering a lethal battery of fire over long range.

The Frayrul is a supression frigate. As so, it fires more rounds that do less damage on average to overload enemy PD systems. Susceptible to flak, however. A single booster hidden in the middle of the ship provides extra firepower needed in a specific vector.

The Rihnman is a patrol craft, used to support larger battleships and protect their flanks. Nothing quite special here.

The Werkaid is a special-operations cruiser, loaded with a Frosch discharge, Deiterling Device, and EMP missiles. As you can reason, it's quite useful for nullifying large battleships.

The Doiese is a general combat frigate. The Doiese variant in the download is an area suppression frigate, it's special tachyon bolts used to fend off large battleship assaults. However, it's bolts are very susceptible to PDs, and is better used as a supporting frigate.

The Castoin Missile Gunboat is a small, expendable Missile platform with wide arching missiles, perfect for getting around deflectors and front-facing PD. It lacks a PD system itself, however, so maneuver your Castoins carefully.

The Meriant is an anti-capital battlecruiser. It's special Tac Nuke quad-cannon is designed to penetrate ablative armor and deflector/aegis systems. It's also the first in the fleet to use beam weapons.

The Astarte is the bigger brother of the Castoin. It's specialized foward missile launchers have the capability to launch it's entire payload within seconds. However, it only supports missile systems, like the Castoin, and has a large "dead zone" in front of it where few of it's missiles can reach.

The Morello (v2) is largest ship in the fleet, being a dreadnought. It features a similar dual-barrel prow turret system like the Garlah, but also supports many smaller high-powered cannon emplacements.
Last edited by LactoseTolerant on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Life happens.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Pwned.

Really nothing more to say. It's just awesome.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Gorgeous in a building-skill-envy kind of way.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Damn. Just. Damn. Going from your first post to this... it's a progression, and a great one at that. Good job, dude. You have exceeded me and others.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

good lord...with this you might be able to get into Anna's workshop...
naysayers will be shot