~Archalieus Shipyards~ - Rusty

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

from the looks of it a perfect rotate will take many rotations because the inner doodad effect is rotating at a different speed.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Wheee....

Glow overload. Should I scrap this?
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

LactoseTolerant wrote:Image

Wheee....

Make that fade in and swoop at the firing of a weapon and it could look amazing, actually. :o
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

LactoseTolerant wrote:Image

Wheee....

Glows are awesome, ship is nice, colors can use work. Epic glow is epic, but... cyan? I don't know what the best you can do is, but cyan isn't quite it. Other than that, keep this direction!
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Kaleidescope!

Going to turn this over to YOU and see how it turns out! Vote on a color, and I'll shift over to that coloring scheme and design for this ship!

Life happens.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

ok...i have an idea...make the colors the house colors...so then they can be whatever.
as for glow overload...they seem like there are a bunch of crystals growing out of the ships back.
Maybe you could contain them more? otherwise they just looked randomly put on
naysayers will be shot
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Hrm... stretching...

Life happens.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Are the glows sections or doodads?
cause if they are sections they can be team color, something that really needs to be changed.
I like the orange color scheme, now all it needs is a big mother-beam out the front.

But the shape is rather nice, just still missing the engine section from what I can see.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

those orange parts are dan07s right? Well in any case, do you have them set as additive instead of normal? Will take away some of the crappy stretch and echo glow. The glows in the front are killing it imo, though of course as you build the ship you would want something up there...maybe more in the nose of it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

MMMM!! much better!
that thing is B-E-A-U-Tiful
one thing i didn't notice before was that the back is a little bulky, there also isn't any depth shading done yet either?
however it took me so long to realize it because of the purty glows, definately a good thing :D
naysayers will be shot
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Silverware wrote:Are the glows sections or doodads?
cause if they are sections they can be team color, something that really needs to be changed.
I like the orange color scheme, now all it needs is a big mother-beam out the front.

But the shape is rather nice, just still missing the engine section from what I can see.
Glows are sections, the thunderbolts are doodads. Team color? Can you explain?
jwa8402 wrote:those orange parts are dan07s right? Well in any case, do you have them set as additive instead of normal? Will take away some of the crappy stretch and echo glow. The glows in the front are killing it imo, though of course as you build the ship you would want something up there...maybe more in the nose of it.
Which ones? The ones on the outside are all made out of TSA_Ura065s. The inner rotating ones are the Fraxy spheres.

I'll be adding a *few* more glows to the front, to make it more "liquid". All the glows are set to additive. I'll see if I can get the glow echo to go away, though that might alter the saturation of the glows (they're composed of two Ura065s, actually).
Doogie12 wrote:MMMM!! much better!
that thing is B-E-A-U-Tiful
one thing i didn't notice before was that the back is a little bulky, there also isn't any depth shading done yet either?
however it took me so long to realize it because of the purty glows, definately a good thing
One thing at a time :wink: .

Life happens.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Team color tells you whose ships are whose in the Campaign. For example, if you havn't changed the color, your stock ships are green-ish, friendlies are blu-ish, pirates red-ish and the Nanz purple-ish.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Corporal Jomn wrote:Team color tells you whose ships are whose in the Campaign. For example, if you havn't changed the color, your stock ships are green-ish, friendlies are blu-ish, pirates red-ish and the Nanz purple-ish.
Ah, I had suspected so. I would do that, but unfortunately, orange doesn't aegis well. The colors I have down right now is a mixture of red, light/dark orange and white.

Here we are, done!

Edit: Normal zoom, *slightly* less large.

It's more or less a tribute to two of Anna's Holy Ships, as they inspired me to start building.
Last edited by LactoseTolerant on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Life happens.
Kilo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kilo »

Simply beautiful. :P

I normally don't like animations on ships, whether it's transforming or whatever, but I think you've done a really nice job on it. :]
Killerhurtz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Killerhurtz »

Incredible. It has a pretty powerful-yet-mystic feel, in my opinion.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4877&sid=a65b99b8d45e05a86855bac94c96278c]My ships, be sure to have a look and leave comments![/url]