~Archalieus Shipyards~ - Rusty

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Preacher
Captain
Captain

Re: ~Archalieus Shipyards~ - Legions of Lyseptis - DL up!

Post by Preacher »

i love the glowy engine core bits they are really well done, but where they stick out at the back just seems odd and I don't think the decals should be the same colour as the cores or the colour scheme should be changed or something, but I love the antenna at the front really well done and the section work depthing and doodading is excellent.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Back for now, I guess. I hope my skills haven't rusted out completely... like this ship :wink: .

Unanimated version.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not really an animation per se, just some doodads. Sorry to disappoint...

Last edited by LactoseTolerant on Mon May 24, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

that's... that's... hell, thats NICE. i really like the way you did the antennas on the side, as well as the very back. for some reason that looks really well done. i rate this 9.7/10
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Your skills haven't rusted. I might even go so far as to say that this is an improvement.

I find very little to critique except the glow error in the aft starboard. I would also say that the dorsal yellow doodads are a bit strong.

I really like the color scheme and use of grunge sprites. The rest; flow, section usage, depthing, all up to the standard of your previous work.

I can't wait to see it animated.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Liking the camo-style colour scheme. Really the only problem is that the entire ship uses practically the same shade of green. Maybe you could colour the two outer sections in the same tan colour you used for the middle. Or you could try streaking the tan colour across the ship, imitating a real camo-style
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Re: ~Archalieus Shipyards~ - Rusty

New ship! Forgot to add the grunge.

Life happens.
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

The glowy piece seems very out of place with this style...
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

The glowy part is fine, it's just that there's practically nothing in front of the glowy part that's out of place. The front looks really blocky, which messes with the sloping wings at the back
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Back to the old orange. Not quite done.

Life happens.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Ok here's the thing I feel with your ships. They usually have fantastic concepts and all but the internal work is just.. kinda random at times. The section usage itself isn't really at all that bad. If anything, it's pretty good in places but you've got shapes going in all sorts of directions and really, too much. I feel the darker gray back area of the latest ship would look much better if you didn't have all the mecha sections creating lines going all over the place and overlapping as it creates kinda a vague area. My eyes can really take in only so much detail.
At least, that's what I think on most your ships.

Also, it might help to do something about the monotone. Totally gray ships can become somewhat bland.