~Archalieus Shipyards~ - Rusty

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Segellion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Segellion »

The forces you are mimicking would have a greater effect on the ejection. Try something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sNDTdKQNVU
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Segellion wrote:The forces you are mimicking would have a greater effect on the ejection. Try something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sNDTdKQNVU
I considered having expended rounds fly off like that, but seeing how large the Hellion is, and the size of the cartridge, it would be implausible to eject something that large out of a battleship and expect it to maintain a good accuracy. However, it's given me a very good idea of a repeating weapon, and I plan to use it as a reference for some future ships :) .

Something small for now:

Basnet

Basnet - B

Basnet - M

Small superiority fighters with multiple variations for different tasks.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
guilla
Ensign
Ensign

Post by guilla »

just awesome ships man.

only one question, could you upload the ships and the frames you use for them in another page? filesmelt is giving me hellalot of problems :S
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Osphor Mobile Shipyard

Construction Bay:

Life happens.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

That light grey area near the front looks really weird when compared to the rest of the ship. I think its because the sections used don't have as much detail, and the shades of grey used for thsoe sections are slightly darker.

And maybe its me but... I just can't see how that animated construction bay is supposed to represent a "construction bay". When I first saw it, I thought that the moving section was transporting some massive disposable battery (or shell) to the front of the ship, where it would be firing an uber-raping lazor (or shell) from in between that gap in the front of the ship. Weapon fires, nice animated lazor comes out (or a shell), shit dies, etc. At the same time, that moving section would now be moving back to collect another disposable battery (or shell), ready to dish some more pwnage.

Apart from that, another awsome ship with awsome (if slightly odd for its current purpose)animation
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

maybe if you had a row of little fighter sprites rolling along each side of the construction platform it would be more obvious but I really like it. the lighting effects on that scrolling peice are great! my favorite part is the side engines...
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Imaillusion wrote:That light grey area near the front looks really weird when compared to the rest of the ship. I think its because the sections used don't have as much detail, and the shades of grey used for thsoe sections are slightly darker.

And maybe its me but... I just can't see how that animated construction bay is supposed to represent a "construction bay". When I first saw it, I thought that the moving section was transporting some massive disposable battery (or shell) to the front of the ship, where it would be firing an uber-raping lazor (or shell) from in between that gap in the front of the ship. Weapon fires, nice animated lazor comes out (or a shell), shit dies, etc. At the same time, that moving section would now be moving back to collect another disposable battery (or shell), ready to dish some more pwnage.

Apart from that, another awsome ship with awsome (if slightly odd for its current purpose)animation
The center section was originally just a bridge to the frontal command deck, until I accidentally added the rods and the center moving section. Then I kinda thought "oh hay, 3-D printer style shipyard". It's kinda a far stretch now that I look at it. I'll see if it looks better if I make the center area thinner, and add a sprite (It's supposed to manufacture Basnet Fighters). The cannon loading idea you have there is intresting, i've got some new ideas fromt that :D .
Raul wrote: my favorite part is the side engines
I actually have no idea of what those are :lol: .

Thanks for the critique!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revised!

Life happens.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Raul wrote:my favorite part is the side engines...

I think Raul is referring to those piller-like sections on the back half of the ship.

But yeah, he's thinking what i'm thinking. To make it look like a construction bay, this is what I would do:

First, make those two places where the moving section starts and stops look like the doors to large hangers, or bays(whatever you call them). Then change the points where the moving sections start and stop so that they dissappear through the hanger doors when they move back and forth, giving the impression the moving section is transporting stuff between the hangers.

Then what you do is give one of the hanger doors some flashing doodads coming out of it, like there's stuff being welded inside that hanger, to make it look like there's something being build inside (in your case, a ship).

Finially, in between those flashes, that moving section would come out, and on it would be one shiny new ship of yours, where it would be stored in the other hanger, ready for deployment. Then the process repeats itself.

I apologise if you can't understand that, I have trouble explaining things :?
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

maybe make it so that it also does the same thing in reverse, like an alternate deconstructor instead of builder version.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

The shape of the front half is starting to bother me.
It's Phallic.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Iamaillusion wrote:I think Raul is referring to those piller-like sections on the back half of the ship
I know he was talking about those. I just have no idea what to make them into, other than cool little side-arm thingies :lol: .
Iamaillusion wrote: But yeah, he's thinking what i'm thinking. To make it look like a construction bay, this is what I would do:

First, make those two places where the moving section starts and stops look like the doors to large hangers, or bays(whatever you call them). Then change the points where the moving sections start and stop so that they dissappear through the hanger doors when they move back and forth, giving the impression the moving section is transporting stuff between the hangers.

Then what you do is give one of the hanger doors some flashing doodads coming out of it, like there's stuff being welded inside that hanger, to make it look like there's something being build inside (in your case, a ship).

Finially, in between those flashes, that moving section would come out, and on it would be one shiny new ship of yours, where it would be stored in the other hanger, ready for deployment. Then the process repeats itself.

I apologise if you can't understand that, I have trouble explaining things
It's shouldn't be exactly "mass production", as the Basnet is a relatively medium-small-sized ship that would take longer to manufacture. However, that does give me some ideas to start on a more construction-oriented ship.
AlphaDetisMegas wrote:maybe make it so that it also does the same thing in reverse, like an alternate deconstructor instead of builder version.
I'm not sure I get what you're saying.
Droid wrote:It's Phallic.
:o

Life happens.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

The very front of that last ship is a bit too dark. Put some lighting doodads at the front, or give those sections a lighter shade of grey.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Ation

Experimental something.

Going to work on the Osphor's front soon, been deluged in work so far.

Life happens.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

You have a beautiful mastery of mechanical ships good sir.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
crvenimajmun
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by crvenimajmun »

Download ling for weapons please :D