Danny Discovers Shipwright Sections

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Danny Discovers Shipwright Sections

Post by Danny420Dale »

Armed with two particle-rifle "turbolasers" and a heavy railgun. Secondary armament is two short-range machinegun turrets, with four particle guns and two shotguns for CIWS. Defense is standard Eintek arcshield and high maneuverability.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Almost cartoonish in a good way. Love all the little engine flairs, and the shield is amazing! Beyond that its a fairly simple ship but I'm guessing your just starting small.
Grizzle
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Grizzle »

I dig it. I want to learn how you did that shield and those flairs. Also a good example of color use (besides gray's, which it looks like I'm doomed to use)
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

In Custom Content, there's a topic with shield sprites, just search "Shields."
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Y'know, this is the first ship you've made in a long time that I've actually liked, Danny. I only have one quibble. That stupid goddamn shield. It's excessively extravagant and glowy and serves no goddamn purpose except to draw attention away from the quite well designed, small little ship. It's a goddamn eyesore.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

I like the shield. Actually, I like it a lot overall, especially compared to danny's other stuff. I just wish you could take a 100% zoom screenshot.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

If you've been wondering if I'd been building anything, wonder no more!

NOTE: Green parts are prototype sections pending completion of my sprite conversion by Squishy.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

From the layering of the weapons that ship looks to be rather tall, in the Theoretical Third Dimension.
Looks interesting so far
Is it going to be nicely mirrored or is it going to Asymmetrical?
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Mirrored, duh :)
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

The third dimension isn't really theoretical if you have a z-index attatched to each part, which we do.

I almost commented on the bad colors until i read more carefully. I actually really like the look of it.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Theoretical as in these ships are 2D, and their crews must be 2D so the top scientists of their time theoretical realize that there could be a 3rd dimension, like we see that there could be a fourth one.

But still the ship is looking awesome.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

That ship does indeed look awesome; I love the angled weapon platforms. I like the look of the triangular section cuz theres not enough of those that actually work together.
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

It's pretty dumb to not realise there are 4 dimensions, since everything exists for an amount of time. Same in 2d, there'd have to be a third dimension or they wouldn't be able to move. But that's a different 3rd than we think of.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

.....why oh why do my threads attract such INANITY!!? Image
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

MagusZero wrote:It's pretty dumb to not realise there are 4 dimensions, since everything exists for an amount of time. Same in 2d, there'd have to be a third dimension or they wouldn't be able to move. But that's a different 3rd than we think of.
Just as the 4th dimension he referred to isn't necessarily time. Time does not exist until you can measure it anyway. Also, This

In this game the 3rd dimension is not real; it can be implied but not observed. Thus some ship builders ignore it all together, while others try very hard to convince us a ship is 3d, thus why we refer to it as the theoretical dimension. /end derail