Danny Discovers Shipwright Sections

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

I'd say when using shipwrite sections, because they have shading and aren't transparent, we move away from theoretical. Either way, we do have dimensions of x, y, and depth; in my opinion, that constitutes 3 dimensions.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Depth doesn't constitute a true third dimension, although it can be called that. Depth merely determines which 2d object gets to be the primary one and therefore be seen first when its fellow brothers and sisters of lower depths are seen after the first one.

=P

Or something to that effect.
Although you could rule that it is a third dimension, there is no scaling dependent upon depth so it cannot be a true third dimension.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Redesigned main guns, they're both nukes now. Replaced secondary battery of kinetic guns with automatic artillery, and added short-range ETG Gats. Also, added Big Fucking Railgun.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Undepthed weapons in preparation for the eventual mirroring; added CIWS guns and first prototype thruster/radiator module and first three shield plates. Removed first bow scaffold.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Looking good.
Will be one sweet ship when finished.
Good work
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Slowly but surely, progress is being made. Added a second engine block, three laser-sights, four more shieldplates, and ~10% more hull mass.
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

Its like watching a documentary about how a Battleship is created, maybe a nice thing for beginners to look at this type of thingy...
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

First I'd like to say thanks to Jokarun; I hadn't thought of this that way. :P

On to the ship: I alphaed the second set of Thrusterexes to 0 to sidestep the 'amazing unpaintable thruster' effect. Then, I took a Kae_mini04 and shipwrighted it as a prototype ablative armor brick, rendered in metal.

Colored it red, set blending to 'additive' and a nice high HP, and I've been applying the production-version 'Glasteel™' armor bricks to the hull ever since. Will add just a bit of orange to them to get away from the 'pink' color.

You can see the bricks better in this view than in the normal zoom, and thrusters which had lost their color in a previous save. Hoping that big gets fuxed soon! :D
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Looking great, the use of Kae_mini04 for ablative armor is sweet.
The ship is starting to come together well.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Engines! Two Eintek DC15 heavy fusion engines are fitted, of a total of three planned. Verniers are KMS-31 light fusion engines (two of six installed), while maneuvering thrusters are KG-30 single-expansion-ramp, of which again two of six are installed.

Otherwise, I filled in hull and removed scaffolding as appropriate, then replaced prototype turret rings with armored production version. Will do this to the keel as well. Mirroring and first flight (!) is expected next week as well as fitting with defense weapons and systems.

Side Project: Party Bolts™ For the times you want to bring your peace/love/happiness-powered weapons to bear, or just make your battles insanely colorful! :D

Party Flares™ and Disco Beamz™ are still in development. OMG Pwnies!

Image Image

I'd like to thank Horsemonster for releasing his "Stone" section pack where I got the second sprite from.

EDIT: Party Flares™!

Image Image
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

The detail is great on this. I look forward to you releasing this, been awhile since anyone released a real beast of a ship like this will surely be. Still licking my wounds from Satans Sword.

@sprites: AHHH SEIZURE!
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

HULL IS COMPLETE! All that needs to be done now is to fix the thrusters, complete the Glasteel, and launch this fucker on a shakedown cruise. :D
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Very nice, looks great, can't wait to see it in battle.
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

It could be said that you have come from hell only to come to a place worse than hell, when you meet this ship...
ILOVE IT![/u]
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Dat Viymese wrote:It could be said that you have come from hell only to come to a place worse than hell, when you meet this ship...
ILOVE IT![/u]
Hold on, lemme smoke a joint and get stoned to see if that makes any sense...

...nope, still doesn't. Anyways, ship.

400mm naval rifles can now fire straight astern as well as ahead, and manually-fired flare launchers are installed to the ship. Glassteel armor is complete, and shieldplates have been deleted. And I'm now stoned :D