The To'Hol Venaari Technocracy

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Which style would be most suitable?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:28 am

Old style (SW-ized, other sections)
65%
Using only TSA sections
35%

Total votes: 17

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Yes bitches, I finally got around to it.

We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure. We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our numbers will darken the sky of every world. We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence. Before us, you are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We are the end of everything. We are the To'Hol Venaari.

History
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2633

Fleet

Hallowed Retribution ~ Frigate

Armament
2x Medium IR laser
4x Rapid-Fire Plasma Cannon
2x Light Plasma Torpedo Bay

These frigates are fast and hit hard. They operate in packs and are known to perform devastating strafing runs on larger targets, literally shredding them apart. These frigates truly show the technological advancement of the technocracy; they have advanced laser and plasma weapons, energy shields and are a lot faster and tougher to crack than any other frigate sized ship.

Exalted Redemption ~ Destroyer

Armament
4x Medium IR Laser
8x Rapid-Fire Plasma Cannon
2x Enhanced Medium Torpedo Bay

Powerful and menacing, the Exalted redemption has powerful shielding and an impressive laser offensive. It's main vulnerability lies at it's back, but it is usually fast enough to avoid being SURPRISE BUTTRAPED.

Sacred Vigilance ~ Cruiser

The mainstay of the To'Hol Venaari fleets. These cruisers serve as flagship for taskforces and often command large groups of Scourge and Tal' Vorah ships.

Ascendant Fury ~ Juggernaught

The Ascendant Fury is the ultimate monument to the To'Hol Venaari way of thinking. It is superior to any known vessel, in size, firepower and armour. It took the MRA an entire fleet to destroy even one of these ships, and the To'Hol Venaari have many, many more.
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Are the last two ships supposed to have a Shivanish inspiration or is it just me?
Last edited by Nutcase on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't you have stuff to do?
Ya know. The important things.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

You mean Shivan-ish? Yeah, sort of. But not intentionally though.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Shivians? No more like he just ripped off the reapers from mass effect.
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

A bit too glowy and thin for sovereign.
Giant interstellar Starship Trooper bug? maybe the old tv version...
Lurk more
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

It's *inspired* by the Reapers. After all, this is a bug. Sovereign is a squid.

I have to admit the speech *is* a rip-off though. But if you've only noticed that just now, you're six months late. :/
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

ArcaneDude wrote:It's *inspired* by the Reapers. After all, this is a bug. Sovereign is a squid.

I have to admit the speech *is* a rip-off though. But if you've only noticed that just now, you're six months late. :/
I hadn't played Mass Effect 6 months ago.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I was referring to people in general, since Arc already 'slapped me' for ripping the speech. :P

Anyhow, new ship coming up soon, somewhere tonight.

EDIT: thought I'd try a new style, what with TSA's section being up for DL and all.

Any thoughts?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

You executed the jagged look really well on the front(almost looks backwards but nice this way) but the back needs something more to carry the design style through. maybe more of the jagged projections but more streamlined so as to keep the current shape of the ship? This looks like something that should have a lot of glows or maybe even weapons sticking out.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I'm not sure whether to use that style for the To'Hol Venaari. The alternative is the old style, for which I made a new ship yesterday evening. Small poll too.

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Old style looks better IMO, looks more menacing.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I see potential in your SW ship but is looks rather flat. Right now, I'd say your mecha ships are better.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Mechabugs look better, yes. One thing that bothers me, though: the glows have a pinkish red effect. I'd have gone with just a tiny bit of yellow or orange tint to get away from the pastel pink in the glow.

Also, when will the Ascendant Fury be updated? That would be awesome! :cool:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Well there you have it. I'd like some more feedback before I arm it.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Ooo, sexy, one thing though the arms seem kinda cluttered, even though they get the general shape only the middle arms though would need change.
The area in the back with the "teardrop" shape place with the solid red line area looks like it could benefit with a glow. Overall really great ship. :)