The "Guard Fleet" (Ships 4 and 5 are out!)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Relos
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The "Guard Fleet" (Ships 4 and 5 are out!)

Post by Relos »

This is a ship series I will make called the "Guard Fleet". My goal is to make 12 different ships for this certain fleet, hopefully all unique in some way. I use pwhk's method of balance here, which is:

-No Patrol crafts can beat 2 Pirate Gunships,
-No Destroyer can beat 2 Upgraded Pirate Cruisers, and
-No Battleships can beat 2 Alien Dreadnoughts.

I also assumed that this is when the enemy ships attack simultaneously and not consecutively.

Now I'll hand it to the representive of GFC.

Welcome to the Guard Fleet post. Sponsored by Guard Fleet Co. (GFC) Here at GFC we are uploading designs of our magnificant ships so you can "play" these on your computers. This strange gibberish means nothing to us (we are SO dedicated we never do this "play"), but we are told you guys would enjoy it. Therefore, here they are. Please "play" them all and rate them a 10/10. 8) Thank you. :D

Ok, that's what he says. Anyways, here's the ships. (Descriptions by Representive may be biased)

THE ALMIGHTY GREAT MAIN THREE GUARD FLEET SHIPS OF CONTROL, STABILITY AND THE ALWAYS SMALL BUT THERE POSSIBILITY OF FULL OUT FIGHTING BETWEEN TWO DIFFERENT SIDES OR MORE KNOWN MORE SIMPLY AS THE WORD CALLED WAR

Main 3 Ships File: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ips_V2.zip

Patrol Guard V2
2 Pulse Guns
1 Gatling Pulse
1 Particle Gun
1 Nano Matrix

Description by Representive:
This handy ship is mainly used for it's nano matrix. It's also good for taking out weak, stray ships that shouldn't need to be bothered by our heavy guns. By the way, an alternative version of this guy is coming, so be prepared.

Flash Guard V2
2 Pulse Guns
1 Gatling Pulse
2 Deflectors

Now here's a ship I like. It's deflectors can make it nearly invincible. It has nice weapons too, and unlike the Patrol Guard, this thing has the structure to use them 30000 times more effectively. Be warned.

Complete Guard V2
8 Blasters
1 Quad Blaster
4 Point Beams

This guy has equal power of kill on all 4 sides. Plus, it has the 4 of the best interceptor by a mile, which is the point beam. It's surely a good support ship, eh?

SECONDARY GUARD SHIPS

Projector Defensive and Scatterbeamer:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... _Ships.zip

These ships don't have "Guard" in their name as they are not a main ship.

Projector Defensive V1
2 Mining Beams
3 Point Masers
2 Projectors

These guys go well with a certain other ship. Though their mining beams aren't at the best angles, those point masers make it a decent defense ship, y'know? Of course, it's not all great, because it's structure isn't as sturdy as other ships of this nature.

Scatterbeamer V1
6 Scatterbeams
1 Lancet Beam

Those scatterbeams make this thing pwn. Sadly however, it isn't as great defensively. No interceptors, no defectors, nothing. It's even made in a way that allows half of the ship to fall apart just by one forward section. And it's very vulnerable afterwards...

OLD DESIGNS:

Patrol Guard V1
Patrol Guard.shp
Patrol Guard.sbl

Flash Guard V1
Flash Guard.shp
Flash Guard.sbl

Complete Guard V1
Complete Guard.shp
Complete Guard.sbl
Last edited by Relos on Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Groove
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Groove »

You say that you used a method of balancing for these ships, but it's kinda hard to notice.

Patrol Guard

This ship is a bit odd, but actually fairly balanced. It's really lightly armoured even for a patrol craft, and pretty slow for patrol craft. The nanomatrix makes it incrediblely useful, but it's speed and armour make the pulse guns almost worthless. If the pulse guns could be effectively used on anything other than a suicide mission then this ship would be overpowered. It's best use would be as a support ship, so no surprise that it couldn't kill the two gunships.

Flash Guard

This has the armour, speed and weapons of an assault ship, but the point defences of a dedicated defensive ship. The design is good, and interestingly different, but it's just too powerful. The first time I tried to test this ship it was destroyed just before the second upgraded cruiser cracked. The second time I tried it I managed to down the second one before the flash cracked. This destroyer can beat 2 upgraded pirate cruisers. It isn't easy, but I reckon I could do it more than 50% of the time now. Too powerful.

Complete Guard

Those dreadnaughts never knew what hit them. I downed two of them without losing a section of the ship or a single weapon. 8 point beams? It's just...8? It's a bit much. To top it off it doesn't have a single weak side, even the hecate has an (almost) unarmed rear. Also, speed of 1.75 and turning of 2 on a battleship? It outruns destroyers!

The patrol guard isn't bad, even if the pulse guns are practically decoration. Rip a couple of point beams off the flash guard and we'll talk. As for the complete guard....if you cut the ship in half it might be balanced.
Relos
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Relos »

Groove wrote:You say that you used a method of balancing for these ships, but it's kinda hard to notice.

Patrol Guard

This ship is a bit odd, but actually fairly balanced. It's really lightly armoured even for a patrol craft, and pretty slow for patrol craft. The nanomatrix makes it incrediblely useful, but it's speed and armour make the pulse guns almost worthless. If the pulse guns could be effectively used on anything other than a suicide mission then this ship would be overpowered. It's best use would be as a support ship, so no surprise that it couldn't kill the two gunships.

Flash Guard

This has the armour, speed and weapons of an assault ship, but the point defences of a dedicated defensive ship. The design is good, and interestingly different, but it's just too powerful. The first time I tried to test this ship it was destroyed just before the second upgraded cruiser cracked. The second time I tried it I managed to down the second one before the flash cracked. This destroyer can beat 2 upgraded pirate cruisers. It isn't easy, but I reckon I could do it more than 50% of the time now. Too powerful.

Complete Guard

Those dreadnaughts never knew what hit them. I downed two of them without losing a section of the ship or a single weapon. 8 point beams? It's just...8? It's a bit much. To top it off it doesn't have a single weak side, even the hecate has an (almost) unarmed rear. Also, speed of 1.75 and turning of 2 on a battleship? It outruns destroyers!

The patrol guard isn't bad, even if the pulse guns are practically decoration. Rip a couple of point beams off the flash guard and we'll talk. As for the complete guard....if you cut the ship in half it might be balanced.
I knew I did something wrong ._. I merely had each ship target the enemy craft, and watched what happen. I did nothing else. The Complete Guard got pwned simply by the scatterbeams from the dreadnoughts. The Flash Guard killed one of the Upgraded Pirate Cruisers, but not the other. So I thought it was OK, but then when you actually use a strategy... lol, you're right. I guess I'm not really a pro ship maker yet, sorry about that ._.
Relos
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Relos »

Main Guard Ships V2

The Patrol Guard got nerfed in Speed and turning, the Flash Guard Lost it's Point Beams and Quad Blaster, and the Complete Guard lost 4 point beams and it's deflectors. These better be balanced, because I'm not going up to V176575 trying to do this, lol o_o

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ips_V2.zip
Groove
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Groove »

Hehe, that explains it ^^

The V2 ships are much more like it, in fact you could actually tweak them upwards as it stands now.

Not bad.
Relos
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Relos »

Ships 4 and 5 are out. More ships are to come. I'll try getting more out too. After all, I want to finish up the ideas I got...

The File for both:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... _Ships.zip