Exeter Drive Corps (Updated: 10/08/09)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Exeter Drive Corps (Updated: 10/08/09)

Post by bien4500 »

Anyways, I have returned after playing with SWA styled sections.
---

DD-102 Orion II

The Orion II is an improvement over the original Orion, as her name states. Upgraded armor, shields and a decent point defence grid make up her main defences. She is fast and maneuverable, even more so than the original. Better weaponry and targeting sensors make her one of the most feared ships built by the Exeter.

Captains should take care when engaging Orions.

CUS-BCR 0505 Triumphant Sun

Found abandoned within the wreckage of an orbital shipyard complex, Exeter engineers quickly commandeered the derelict vessel where it was rebuilt and refitted.

(OTHER FLUFF TO COME)

So, how are they?

[EDIT]Replaced Orion with Orion II.
Last edited by bien4500 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

The orion has too many colors in it, and the hull outline is too rough for the body shape.

The sun is much better
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Well, I was aiming for a mix of Sleek High-Tech and Gritty Industrialist with the Orion. So I will change it if more people say its needed, but I will definitely change the colors.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Actually for me its where the colors are on it. The middle of the orion could use some instead of just the little pieces on the edges. Maybe the mecha sw 53s. The sun is pretty awesome but both have lots of great angles and some interesting section usage. These look pretty close to done, any chance of a release?

Have you done any asymmetrical ships?
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Great thruster glows!

You could do with some more flow but these are pretty cool.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

jwa8402 wrote:Actually for me its where the colors are on it. The middle of the orion could use some instead of just the little pieces on the edges. Maybe the mecha sw 53s. The sun is pretty awesome but both have lots of great angles and some interesting section usage. These look pretty close to done, any chance of a release?

Have you done any asymmetrical ships?
So, just what else needs to be done with the ships? I will be releasing soon after I fix the parenting on the Orion and finish the Triumphant Sun.

The Orion is supposed to be a modular platform, so a Heavy, Missile, Beam and Carrrier variant will be coming up.

The Carrier will most definitely be assymetrical.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

The Orion is good, but I do feel that the sidepods could be a little sleeker if your going for a sleek look... Nonetheless, its still a fantastic ship.

As for the Triumphant Sun, everything is good, except the back. One of your sections (the darkest one) clashes with the smooth look of the rest of the components.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Liek so?

[EDIT]Forgot to thank Cycerin for the Dual Autocannon.
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

My problem with the colors is they contrast too much. I really like them, but they seem like the sort of colors that require a nice smoothe fade effect.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

CEH-109 Archangel/Orion III

The Archangle is an upgraded version of the Orion II. Commissioned by Admiral Peterson as the Clarise and formally named by the crews that saw service with the Cally, she is perhaps one of the most famous classes of warships in service.

Note: Please make a copy of the SVN weapons pack and rename it '1Svn_SW_weapons'. DL is down cause I haven't asked Cycerin if I could redistiribute his AC's.

CVL-31 Perdition

Departing highly from Exeter Shipyards design ethic, she stands out in any fleet. Considered by many as a 'Spacebattleship', but she is far from the sort. She lacks any form of weapons and defenses and thus relies on her interceptors and PD corvettes for protection.

---

LOLUPDAET! I played around a bit with TSA's new pack with the Cally.

[EDIT]DL up for the Cally, you need just about every TSA section pack out there, the SWA weapons and TBE's shields plus Eri's Flares. Just click on the link.
Last edited by bien4500 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

The Perdition is awesome! Actually the Orion 3 is spiky and badass looking in a more traditional way, but the runways on the Perdition are really well done. Only thing I could suggest is accentuate the forward launch bay more by pulling back the sections above it, cuz right now it looks like it could be a cannon or something. And if it has no weapons, whats the structure on the right side?
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

That thing is a forward mounted high-gain sensors array ala HW2 Carrier.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

What's with the hole in the hull along the center near the back of the CVL-31 Perdition, before the engine block?
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Gah! *Facepalm* I forgot to fill that in with a glow or something, sorry.

Here's a corrected Perdition.

And then there's this:
BBX-10 Alexander Mersei

The BBX-10 is the pinnacle of Exeter engineering: fast, hard-hitting and nearly indestructable. The Exeter Chief of Design is known for saying "You think the Perdition's a Space Battleship? Well, you're wrong. Let me show you what Space Battleship is."

Only one BBX-10 is known to be in existence and final designs are still pending. The one shown above is the BB-10-1 Sunlight Neverending.

So, SBS enough?

[EDIT]Forgot about the center thruster glow.
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

Okay, on these new ones, the color has stopped offending me.