DS' SW-style ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Darkship
Captain
Captain

DS' SW-style ships

Post by Darkship »

After a small hiatus from shipbuilding, I think it is about time return to the scene. The new SW style of sections running around intrigues me and I decided to have a crack at building a ship with these new pieces.

The result of a short period of experimentation... (btw its not armed)
The feeling that these new sections give to a ship is completely different from the earlier generation of sprites. They make the ships feel more 'whole' in a manner of speaking. Then again they also make it a whole lot easier to make something look good. I find it difficult to make some thing that looks absolutely terrible with these sections (though I have seen it done recently >_>).

Anyhow, I would like to receive some feedback on this ship. So fire away!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

A little generic shape-wise for my taste, but nonetheless well built. In all, the sidepods don't seem as 'clean' as the rest of the hull, but that may not be a bad thing. Good work, I hope to see more.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I think that shape is awesome and original. I really admire your use of colors. The wing just seems a bit cluttered.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

DS is back! \o/

Seconding AD - rather generic, but still very good; side pods are somewhat cluttered and look tacked-on. Love the colors and how clean and smooth the main structure is.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The sidepods do seem a bit odd, but I think that's more because (to me at least, thanks to the glow mostly) they seem like a weapon system, and should be re-angled. If you treat them as such, and edit the ship accordingly, I think they'll work well.