Chainship project 2: Ship harder

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Shit happens, I guess.
vulstar
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by vulstar »

With the front cut of from the start of the front arms, it would look pretty good i think.

(example of what i mean)
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Except that it would look...incomplete and shitty? Out of the question. :|
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
pick yer poison
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pick yer poison »

Whoah, slow down there guys. It's still my turn. I got an extension from EriErin. I hated to do it right after SF got one, but school and family took pretty much all of my allotted time. I'll have my part done by tomorrow.

EDIT: Alright, looks like my time's up, so here's what I've come up with. I just wish I felt more confident about it. :\

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Chainship1c.sb4

EDIT2: Hold on, Eri just got back and gave me some very helpful criticism. I'm gonna use that to fix something, then reupload it asap, meaning tomorrow at the latest.
"Three rights may make a left, but there's still something drastically wrong with your pathfinding algorithm."
iamsamoht
Ensign
Ensign

don't U DARE!

Post by iamsamoht »

If you remove the arms then I see http://media.photobucket.com/image/halo ... 0-Full.jpg

Something that looks like that!
So I say KEEP THE ARMS!!!

E, I think the new arms are ok BUT i think that they are a bit to... bullky they look like they could be giant crushers that would crush the front of the ship
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

hmm this is starting to look rather decent... I don't think the arms in front are too thick per say, but they need a definite function. Giant cannons, though perhaps thats too cliche. Something built into the center of those front arms would defiantly improve it methinks.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Actually, I'd say the ship would look better without the front arms.
pick yer poison
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pick yer poison »

Okay, here we go. For real this time.

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Chainship1e.sb4

I originally had the middle arms in there, but Cycerin told me that I was better off removing them. After doing so, I went to work on the front, only to have Eri get back and tell me they should have stayed on. So that little hiccup there was me rebuilding the middle arms onto the newer version. X)
"Three rights may make a left, but there's still something drastically wrong with your pathfinding algorithm."
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

... I don't even know what to say.

Oh.

Wait.

Yes I do. I'm going to say that if this gets accepted as the next stage of the chainship, then the world is a dark, cruel place and the people in it would be better off dead than alive. Or something similar to that but far less melodramatic. I mean, the previous stage wasn't anything spectacular, but at least it was fairly decent. This thing is... jesus fucking Christ it's horrible.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

To put it lightly, I prefer the previous one.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Cluttered nacelles are cluttered. The sectionwork is a jumbled mess! Let's forget this ever happened, okay? :lol:
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

What you replaced the middle arms with is worse than the original.
When cyc told you to take them off, I believe that the intent was to replace them with something better. As it stands now, it's better off having the old arms stay on.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

[17:04] <EriErin> Anna, can I talk to you for a wee sec?
[17:04] <Anna> About?
[17:05] <EriErin> I want to make it clear that the Hull Design stage of the Chainship is basically going to ignore all section usage in judging
[17:05] <EriErin> Even if that middle arm does look a little fat, we are going to thin them down in the detailing phase and utterly replace them
[17:06] <EriErin> No section will be left standing
[17:06] <Anna> ... That seems like a really retarded, poor and inefficient way of doing things. And I think even the outline of the ship looks like crap, as it stands.
[17:07] <EriErin> It's more or less a necessary evil. This isn't a standard collab, anyway.
[17:08] <Anna> So the "detailing and colouring" stage is really the "remake the whole thing and scrap all the work that people put into it" stage?
[17:09] <EriErin> Bingo.
[17:10] <Anna> Cool. I could do my portion of it, but now that I know this, I won't. Seems like it would be a waste of my time.
[17:10] <EriErin> I only hope we can dip it in enough gold to cover up all that crud.
[17:10] <Anna> ADM is in the detailing stage.
[17:10] <Anna> So trust me.
[17:10] <Anna> You can't.
[17:11] <EriErin> I have constant contact with ADM. I can beat him into... not putting so much crud into it.
[17:11] <EriErin> I also have a slot at the end of the detailing stage.
[17:14] <Anna> I'm baffled as to what makes you think this is in any way a good idea, but it only confirms what I said from the very start.
[17:16] <EriErin> What do you suggest?
[17:17] <EriErin> I'll admit, at the time I was being an overoptimistic fucktard
[17:17] <EriErin> Or maybe I was just OUT TO GET YOU, I don't remember which
[17:17] <Anna> I'd suggest scrapping Pick's submission largely, since the version before, while not great, at least didn't look like shit.
[17:17] <Anna> All operation "rebuild it from scratch" will do is PISS OFF everyone who worked on it.
[17:19] <EriErin> Currently the people who aren't working on it are so pissed off that the sectionwork is so poor
[17:20] <EriErin> Whichever version we choose to keep, there is no way we can keep that section usage
[17:21] <Anna> Hm.
Does this seem like a good idea to anyone else? At all? Am I the only one who sees what's wrong with this "plan"? Ugh. I mean, I'm certainly not going to bother doing my bit now. What's the point when it'll get cut apart and rebuilt completely?

EDIT!

Oh-ho! I've got some new information here. And oh boy, is it some horrible shit.
[17:43] <Siber> That seems to be a definite case of cutting eri off his nose to spite his face
[17:44] <Siber> eri cutting off, even
[17:44] <Anna> Actually, it seems to me like a case of Eri basically trying to take over and rebuild the chainship for himself. To me, anyway.
[17:44] <Siber> Well...
[17:44] <Swamp_Fox> He did that a long time ago.
[17:45] <Anna> Heh, true enough.
[17:45] <Siber> he's started a community ship project, and in order to produce something good, he's taking the community out of it.
[17:45] <Swamp_Fox> Actually, he came to me with blueprints for the next three builders and said "Here, do this"
[17:45] <Siber> So... yeah.
[17:45] <Anna> ...
[17:45] <Siber> bwaah
[17:45] <Siber> blue...
[17:45] <Anna> He did?
[17:45] <Siber> bwaah?
[17:45] <Siber> how does that work?
[17:45] <Swamp_Fox> Yeah. Lemme dig out the logs.
[17:45] <Siber> He told you to build the ship for the next three builders, and told you how to do it?
[17:47] <Swamp_Fox> No, he had a tiered blueprint, and told me to do the first bit and let PYP to do the next, and whoever to do the third, etc...
[17:47] <Siber> Somebody stab eri for being a decietful cockhound for me
[17:47] <DanielHawking> th...
[17:47] <DanielHawking> what
[17:47] <Swamp_Fox> And I'm gonna have to look around a bit.
[17:50] <Swamp_Fox_BETA> Oct 07 04:35:37 <EriErin> Do not be alarmed! I am not here to steal your cake.
[17:50] <Swamp_Fox_BETA> Oct 07 04:35:49 <EriErin> I am just here to tell you exactly what to do. You are the only one who can save the chainship.
[17:50] <Swamp_Fox_BETA> Oct 07 04:36:50 <AlphaDetisMegas> im allready in there eri :P
[17:50] <Swamp_Fox_BETA> Oct 07 04:37:01 <AlphaDetisMegas> and the cake was a lie
[17:50] <Swamp_Fox_BETA> Oct 07 04:37:23 <EriErin> No, seriously
[17:50] <Swamp_Fox_BETA> Oct 07 04:37:24 <EriErin> http://filesmelt.com/downloader/veto1.PNG
[17:50] <Swamp_Fox_BETA> Oct 07 04:37:49 <EriErin> SF, use that as your background or something
[17:50] <Swamp_Fox_BETA> Oct 07 04:38:26 <EriErin> The next two users are to use that as a reference
[17:50] <Swamp_Fox_BETA> Oct 07 04:38:42 <EriErin> Bad Boy and Anna (if he comes along) are to continue like nothing ever happened.
[17:50] <Siber> Oh...
[17:50] <Siber> fuck eri
Let me just say this straight up: If I were still a mod, I would be pretty much demanding for Arcalane to ban Eri for this bullshit. As it stands, I still will. He took a community project, basically took it over for himself, and even TOLD PEOPLE what to build. Perhaps I'm overreacting. Perhaps I'm taking it too seriously.

Okay, I am. This shit isn't worth banning him over. But I'd say that the chainship project should be reverted back to the point before Eri took over and basically started telling people what to build.
Last edited by Anna on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

That sounds almost exactly like what Silverware did, except worded differently and implemented with slightly more espionage.

POST-EDIT EDIT

Actually, no, now it sounds like what Silverware did but with a lot of espionage, backstabbing, manipulation, and other things.

Since when did wyrdysm forums turn into Code Geass?
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Wow, this went further down the shitter than I ever expected.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~