Chainship project 2: Ship harder

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

shipbuilding skills, so i guess that makes you out of the question.
Last edited by AlphaDetisMegas on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

AlphaDetisMegas wrote:shipbuilding skills, so i guess that makes you out of the question.
Look who's talking, dipshit. I don't see you with a ship in the Holy Ships thread. Keep acting as Eri's ass-kissing puppetboy, please. Don't you know what happened to the last one? Oh wait, this is you just being a whiny faggot because you got banned from #Exalted, isn't it?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

I agree that the arms ruined it. I don't see how it can be salvaged by anyone but a master builder, and even then, I'm not a fan of that kind of thing.

Too much work has gone into the ship since the arms were added. I don't see how we can reasonably proceed with this project.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Why oh why does it always have to be life and death over here?

The whole point of this is to just let it develop. It isn't the end of the world if it isn't perfect. Just let it flow. If it doesn't turn out that well, try another one. Hell, just having this around has probably created ideas for some people.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Anna

Post by Anna »

th15 wrote:Why oh why does it always have to be life and death over here?

The whole point of this is to just let it develop. It isn't the end of the world if it isn't perfect. Just let it flow. If it doesn't turn out that well, try another one. Hell, just having this around has probably created ideas for some people.
You're missing the point completely, which is that Eri took the entire concept of people building on and adding their own parts to the ship, and he pissed all over it and basically told people to make what he wanted them to make.

So now, since the outcome of the ship is considered by... well, it seems like everyone who was involved in it, to be very, very bad, then starting over seems as good as anything.

And no, it doesn't need to be perfect. But it doesn't hurt to strive towards it being as good as we can make it. Though I'm not sure if you can understand that.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

ADM: You don't know who the hell your talking about. Lizzie has far more experiance than you.

Lizzie: Sorry, I didn't presume to be qualified to answer that. IMO whoever is in charge needs to be committed and available for judgement and questions, willing to point out crappy building but also able to give useful suggestions on how to fix it, and patient enough to guide it to its conclusion no matter how long that takes but also firm enough to enforce individual deadlines. Hope that makes sense.

I do think the chainship concept should continue as often as someone is willing to lead it, though Anna's psuedo version is a fine example of what experienced builders can do. I agree with th15 though that it doesn't need to be perfect, and if no one objects, I wouldn't mind taking one more crack at this version. Even if it can't really be fixed it would be nice to see it at least finished.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

My point is that good or bad, that's not the point. The point of collaboration is to see what new things come of it, not smack down and do exactly the same thing we've always been doing!
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Anna

Post by Anna »

th15 wrote:My point is that good or bad, that's not the point. The point of collaboration is to see what new things come of it, not smack down and do exactly the same thing we've always been doing!
Thank you for your brilliant insights, Captain Obvious. What the fuck did I say that contradicted any of that? The only new things that came out of this were 1) A ship that almost everyone seems to agree is crap. and 2) We discovered that Eri's a tool who likes taking over collaborative events and telling people to build what he wants them to build. But Eri being a dick isn't that new.

Those aren't the good kind of new things. But we learned how to avoid those problems from occurring again, to a degree. So I'm really not getting your point. At all. And frankly, "It's a chainship so it's totally okay if it looks like crap" is a retarded stance to take.
Quality Control Enforcer
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Guess I'll just give my two cents on this.

The current chainship sucks. End of story. It's a giant clutterfuck which is beyond saving. The argument of 'It doesn't need to be perfect' doesn't go here either. There's a difference between 'not perfect' and simple, plain failure. I say restart the whole thing, this time with proper organization (cue Lizzie).

As to Eri's latest dickery, I think we should've seen this coming since he did that little trolljob a while ago. I hope Arc takes the cue and bans him.

@ADM: I suggest you look up a few of Lizzie's designs. Then stop talking.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Nobody should be banned over this, you bickering manchildren. However, Eri did a stupid thing, and I would probably have spoken against him if I had more time to think about this whole ordeal. However, the ordeal in question hasn't turned out as intriguing as I had hoped, and I have found it hard to show interest in it. Beyond telling PYP that those cancerous outgrowths had to be snipped off. :lol:
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Cycerin wrote:Nobody should be banned over this, you bickering manchildren.
Agreed entirely. I was going to post something about how Eri definitely shouldn't be banned just because he pissed a few people off. Wait until he actually does something banworthy. "Messing with a community project" may have been a dick move (though his intentions hardly seemed malicious), but it's far from a bannable offense. This whole thing has been blown totally out of proportion by all involved parties. It was pretty obvious from the beginning that the final product wasn't going to be anywhere near spectacular.