Chainship project 2: Ship harder

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

alright, so, what are we going to do? Simply letting intuensio continue from se7en's ship seems most logical.
EriErin
Commander
Commander

Post by EriErin »

Looks like Silverware fucked up pretty badly. Murphy's Law is a bitch, but we really aren't taking that.

I would hope that we're skipping to Inteuniso.
[quote="Anna"]Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'll fuck you with a rake.[/quote]
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Meh, I can't do much with the Mecha sprites So on ya go.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Don't blame the sections. You just need more practice, especially with mecha sections.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

"I suck with mecha sections" is no excuse to basically plaster all over everyone else's work with the rather flat new SWA Generic sections. :|
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Arcalane wrote:"I suck with mecha sections" is no excuse to basically plaster all over everyone else's work with the rather flat new SWA Generic sections. :|
I feel i should stress this, because this is not the first time i see this mistake: gnr2 are not be all and end all of shipbuilding; they are not supposed to be a predominant shipbuilding component. If your ship is entirely composed out of gnr2 sections, then you are doing it wrong.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Yeah I probibly do need more practice, but honestly I couldn't see any way to add onto that ship when I got it. other than making the legs longer, which would have been a waste anyway.
Personally I build really small ships, and If you have seen my ships I posed awhile ago you can see that rather easily.
Big ships in BSF just don't go well together for me, my section usage only really works for small craft. and even on than monstrosity I didn't like how my sections went together one bit.
I know GNR2 are not the be all end all, no set of sprites ever will be or ever could be. Its just for the sized ship the crisp lines and large areas of blank space means that the detail can be built up with the section placement raher than with the sections themselves.
But still meh. I've learnt something. Don't try posting up any ship larger than a corvette or small frigate 'till I work out the kinks in my ship building methods.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Well you shouldn't have signed up for building an uber-mega ship, should you have?

Anywho, to remain on topic, the ship is coming along fine. I'm expanding the back and adding arms, bigger ones. It looks good.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

I forsee a problem with colouring so quickly, if custom colours are used they may be different in each persons shipmaker
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

"Reverse engineering" colors by looking at RGB values takes all of 10 seconds to do.
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

is that per section or per group of colours
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Per group of colors, duh.
Memorize the RGB colors of one color, then transfer that to the color pallette on the left of your screen.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

or add the smconfig file in the download, thats easier for the next one in line, but screws up things like speed etc
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Due to a present lack of computer, I may have to drop out of building. There's a fair way to go before it's my turn by the look of things, but if it reaches my turn and I still don't have a computer, just skip me. Sorry about this, guys.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Finished. On to the next guy. I really can't figure out what to do with the back.

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Chainship_4.sb4
http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Chainship_4.shp
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.