Kalaris Trade Combine/ Taaluurm-Nrycx/Alcrus Empire (p3)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

This next one's a joke more than anything else, a nod to an older era.
If the shape sucks, that's cause it's just a reconstruction of a pre-CE ship.
I am looking to improve the section usage though, particularly on the armor belts. Finding it a bit difficult to strike a balance between minimizing repetition and minimizing clutter while maintaining crisp lines.

N'arocha-type Shield Ship a.k.a. Paimon-R
Primary Armament:
8x Infernal Corrupter-class assault beam
1x Hell Storm X-class heavy beam cannon

Secondary Armament:
8x Plasma Pulse Wave Cannon
6x Swarm Rocket Pod
4x Stinger-class anti-fighter missile

Active Defenses:
15x Long Range Flak (not pictured)

Passive Defenses:
2x Shield Generator[8]

The N'arocha-type Shield Ship serves as flagships of the Taaluurm-Nrycx Colonies as they have since the [DATA EXPUNGED]. Originally classified as Heavy Dreadnoughts, the current variation is smaller and less armored than it's ancestor, a reflection of the Taaluurm-Nrycx's lack of raw materials. The three such vessels they possess are completely occupied with the Alcrus Empire's own dreadnought class vessels, and have thankfully never appeared at the Kalaris front. If such a vessel were to make an appearance, its heavy armor and shielding, powerful weaponry, and multiple point defenses would quickly spell doom for the lower-tech Kalaris Trade Combine.

...and something more normal which will probably be ignored...

Nana'vir-type Freighter
Armament:
2x Plasma Pulse Wave Cannon

A light non-combat craft, the Nana'vir's main role is to ferry filled cargo pods from Nara'eion msterial processors to shipyards, and empty pods back. It is minimally armed, but is fairly maneuverable, allowing it to avoid enemy ships, or attack bulkier targets from weaker angles.
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

Wow, I actually really like the top one. I'm almost tempted to call it spindly in some places, but there are enough braces and mass that it doesn't look rediculous. I think you did well.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Is dat sum Scourge? I like how you're referencing to the Great War, I hadn't noticed it at first.

Anyhow, I like this style of ships, but some of the sectionwork on them looks really messy. Try to use more non-mecha sections to get more flowing lines, and try to avoid repeating the same section. Especially around the core and back end of this ship, there are some really odd things going on. This is less apparent on the smaller ships though.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Whoa. Im not a fan of your random-chunks-glued-together fleet, but this i really like. Perhaps theyre not the very best in terms of craftsmanship (like AD said, section work needs work), but the shapes are great and im really fond of the colors.
se7en
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by se7en »

First of all I want to say that these are awesome ships, But I think that the front of the shield ship doesn't look quit right, I think the Ixr_sec03-sw and Kae_aln-sw19 don't look right, beacuse they have different levels of detail to the other sections, but other than that it looks awesome.

And just wondering what weapon are you using for the Plasma Pulse Wave Cannons, Tach Driver?
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

And...taking the Scourge-Rehash further failed pretty hard:
So I'll be stopping at that...
Unless it's actually good, which I doubt.

---

The Alcrus Empire

The Alcrus Empire is one of the few militarized powers remaining after the dissolution of the UTG, and the only Star Nation in the immediate path of the Taaluurm-Nrycx's interests.

The region the Empire resided in has always been a volatile sector of space, with a number of semi-habitable planets with exceptionally valuable, but generally less-than-legal natural resources. Initially ceded to the Aezir Heresy, it was reabsorbed after the fall of the Heresy. It was then viewed as a backwater sector, one that the UTG gave little notice, becoming an interstellar slum. Drug production facilities and slave trade was abundant during the days of the UTG.

After the splinter of the Unified Government, a near miraculous reform took place under the self-dubbed Prophet Ouis. The depraved, desperate citizens surprisingly, or perhaps unsurprisingly, took the charismatic man's words to heart and revolutionized the area into a moral yet fanatical religious self-secluding state. It was under their rule that the sector terraformed their planets into near paradises.

The Heretic resurgence was the final turning point of the Alcrus Empire's history. Their internal revolt caused the militarization of the area, and the two fanatical religious cults clashed, fusing into a highly anti-Religious Empire. The population (by this point largely normal), was likely fed up with the illogical dogma of the old doctrines, and and established a neo-monarchy.

Ships of the Imperial Alcrus Navy

Imperial Alcrus Pocket Carrier AIS Ash Spectre
Armament:
2x Light Beam Emitter
2x Heavy Missile Launcher
Active Defenses:
-None
Passive Defenses:
1x Shield Generator[4]
Compliment:
<CLASSIFIED>

Armed with a pair of light beam emplacements and a pair of long-range heavy missile tubes, the Ash Spectre serves the dual role of light cruiser and pocket carrier. The Ash Spectre is a new design created by the Alcrus Empire based off of theoretical Aezir Heretic blueprints.

Closed; Deployed: View
Imperial Alcrus Siege Battleship AIS Flame Haze
Armament:
1x Phase Stream Cannon "Flamethrower"
2x Medium Beam Emitter
4x Heavy Missile Launcher
Active Defenses:
- Medium-Range Flak
Passive Defenses:
1x Shield Generator[7]

Modified to be almost unrecognizable from it's original design, the Flame Haze is a conversion of the old UoS Ephemeral Light heavy cruiser into an artillery battleship. The initial conversion was done from the Caustic Miasma-Etheral Haze, the oldest surviving warship from the AHR-UoS conflict. Seventy percent of the hull was reconfigured to support a superheavy particle accelerator cannon, intended to be turned upon Taaluurm-Nrycx cruisers. These craft now serve as the bulk of the Imperial Alcrus Navy's forces, being easier to produce and maintain than Hell Raven dreadnoughts and mounting enough firepower to hunt N'arocha-type Shield Ships if in small groups.

Imperial Alcrus Dreadnought AIS Hell Raven-R
Armament:
1x Heavy Sabot Railcannon "Punisher"
6x Super Beam Emitter
12x Heavy Missile Launcher
Active Defenses:
- Medium-Range Flak
Passive Defenses:
1x Shield Generator[12]

A slight reconstruction of the old AHR Hell Raven, the R-variant strips off all secondary armament, retaining only the super beam emitters and heavy missiles, in favor of heavier armor and more advanced shielding systems. The hull is further refined for speed and maneuverability. With the proper strategy, simulations show that a single Hell Raven can take down a N'arocha-type Shield Ship (though taking significant damage itself). However, such warships are prohibitively expensive to produce.

3D1L<>k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 3D1L<>k »

Droid,

Will we ever gonna have the privilege of downloading this other ships? I wish I could use the game with your awesome ships.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Download link on the front page now has sb4s and shps everything up to the Hell Raven.

Here they are again:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/126554/BSF/KTC.rar
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/126554/BSF/Dro_KTC.rar

A note from Dro_KTC, just drag the folders inside into your Custom Sprites directory. Don't extract to its own folder, or it won't work.
3D1L<>k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 3D1L<>k »

Droid wrote:Download link on the front page now has sb4s and shps everything up to the Hell Raven.
Droid thanks for the download.
Last edited by 3D1L<>k on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

3D1L<>k wrote:
Droid wrote:Download link on the front page now has sb4s and shps everything up to the Hell Raven.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:cool:
Enjoy your warning for making a fucking stupid post.