Elvis is alive and fighting the pope

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

elvis
Ensign
Ensign

Elvis is alive and fighting the pope

Post by elvis »

Well, where should the story begin?
Once upon a time... forget it,
Sex Drugs and Rock'n'Roll! Elvis is alive and cruising the outer space partyscene.

Drunk as always he made a mistake that would haunt him forever: A very innapropriate comment about the "Holy Glowing Rose of Eternal Sunshine" - The flagship of His Holiness, Pope and Emperor of the 'Golden Cross' - the latest attempt of christian world domination.
-("That's supposed to be a rose? That's not even a tulip...*hicks*")-

His Holiness wasn't pleased.
And so the war began. :wink:

Elvis' battleengineers went into his garage, gathered all the Caddillacs, his limo and his yacht and turned them into hi-tech weapon platforms.

His little Moonhopper was the first victim:
It would soon become the standard fighter of the upcoming war.

His interplanetary racer was transformed into a heavy attack bomber

His limo is the new destroyer backbone of his fleet

But his private luxus yacht was especially abused, his engineers ripped the front away and mounted a massive turret, big enough to pluck even the biggest roses
Soon known as the Hammerhead class it became legendary for its massive firepower.

The Church of the Golden Cross:
Little Cross, standard fighter

And still WIP but the reason for all the cheesy storyline:
Behold, the Holy Glowing Rose of Eternal Sunshine
Ceremonial Battlestation of forced enlightenment :wink:
The golden parts of the cross are still missing so are the structural details of the circle, the engines and some massive turrets that will be on the red parts of the cross, the little platforms will be for some defensive weapons...
elvis
Ensign
Ensign

Post by elvis »

here from far above and the source of inspiration

And the Hammerhead in action:
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Oh wow...these are freakin brilliant! Well, the story is very funny at least for being so short, and you captured a fair degree of flair in Elvis's fleet. Only initial complaint with labeling is that the 'limo' looks more hotrodish with it's flames than the 'racer' does. Also I would mix some gold in with the red of the fleet's color scheme.

The Yacht is a very interesting design though it probably needs the most work of any of the ships...Not sure exactly what but its missing something, perhaps frills. Still a well executed shape though. *edit* Seeing the hammerhead in action...thats an interesting design, making the head rotate is rather original.

The Pope's fleet, least the fighter so far, is cleverly designed. The Ceremonial Battlestation...well I don't know if i could fire on it with a straight face or a hooker on my lap, but its beautiful and well thought out. I can't help thinking it could be fleshed out a big in places, but not even sure it needs that. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

:shock:
Can we get a holy ship up in this?

You could make the Rose a bit bigger, but that's just an opinion from a lowly mortal...
Lurk more
firevikin125
Commander
Commander

Post by firevikin125 »

NICE. :)
I really like the ship, backstory, and
the whole feel of it.
Holy Glowing Rose of Eternal Sunshine
Ceremonial Battlestation of forced enlightenment? Love it. Although I never thought that Elvis could be used in BSF. You should make Elvis's guitar and
set the weapons to shoot CORDS OF FACE MELTING AWESOMENESS!!
"A gargoyle's meat can be carved with an ordinary cleaver, but for its petrous hide . . ."
—Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar,
The Underworld Cookbook
elvis
Ensign
Ensign

Post by elvis »

Thanks for the positive feedback! :)

Well the limo-thing, i was just asking myself what would elvis have in his garage, but you are right it would be a perfect hotrod!
The yacht has a pretty messed back end, it feels to thin and fragile in the middle, but if I give it muscles, it would lose that fishlike shape, I'll try adding some fins and see what I can do.

The guitar would be a nice ship, unfortunately Elvis only used boring acoustic ones and not some battle axe shaped weapons of mass destruction :roll:

Back to the story:

After researching in the secret, forbidden (and of course Holy!) libraries of Goldminster Abbey, Cardinal Cherry Bottom developed the latest technologies of mass conversion and showed his Pope some blueprints.

Still heavily WIP, the legs don't fit and the face is a little bit unproportional, once finished I'll get some real screenshots, not just a preview that tries to hide all the faulty sides ;)
Once the angel is finished he'll shoot two beams from his hands towards the spike above his head where they will combine into sparkling diamonds of happiness

Will Elvis be able to defend himself against this "madness" (don't involve Sparta now, don't involve Sparta! You'll mess up the whole story :roll:) or will he need help from an old friend?
We'll find out after todays movie "The Moonwalker" (hint hint :D)

P.S: I'm actually sick of the Holy Glowing Rose of..., it so messy cleaning up everytime I hit M-key instead of the stretching N-key
And layers are somehow bugged too, sometimes I can reduce or raise depth only to a certain level and then it's stuck there, only goes higher up, if I click on "bring to front" etc...
Well, His Popeness ordered the Battlestation to be ready for the next mass, I don't have a choice :wink:
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

elvis wrote:or will he need help from an old friend?
We'll find out after todays movie "The Moonwalker" (hint hint :D)
If your refering to the 80s movie, don't do it...The universe will attempt to divide by zero just to end the pain...Call in the Empire of the Sun if you must, anything but the Moonwalker!
The angel is pretty awesome looking from a distance, might try to make it transform into a ship if you can.
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

Man those are awesome... especially the rose...
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

It's... different, un-expected but rather good overall.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]