AD's miscellaneous things ~Updated 10/23/2009

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

On thing 2, it seems like the wings are part of a different ship, perhaps a bit of the blue color in them would help. I can't quite put my finger on it, but they seem wrong.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

Kiltric wrote:On thing 2, it seems like the wings are part of a different ship, perhaps a bit of the blue color in them would help. I can't quite put my finger on it, but they seem wrong.

Agreed. I think the style is slightly different, and the different color scheme certainly doesn't help.
t8te
Ensign
Ensign

Post by t8te »

Well, I'm new overall, and i was scrolling down to Thing02, and it kind of looked like the 6 circle-y bits should flash at that moment. I'm not sure what that would do in a battle situation, (besides give yourself away, but maybe you could develop an enemy that has survived in the darkest nebulae clouds in space for the past some odd years and have become afraid of light) or even what color they should flash. The nose looks like it could almost transform, (kind of looks like a laz0r should be fired from it) and the tail is slightly too round for the ship. The wings could use some blue, however (continuing the enemy idea) maybe the enemy ships are attacking Earth in 2 days, and 2 opposing companies throw together that ship. I don't really know, these are just some of my ideas and sorry for the long post :|
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

New concept:

Anyone who is capable of guessing what I'm going to do next just by looking at this ship deserves a cookie. Comments always appreciated.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Next, you will not give me a cookie. (cheers to paradox lovers :D )

Seriously though, it's generally a good ship, but I must say that the glowing orbs at the back seem a little funny to me. They seem unfinished.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Hmmm...are you going to do the THV fleet, or is the resemblance in shape to the THVJ Ascendant Fury superficial? I'm guessing it is, as I don't recall it that clearly. XD I can always hope though...

I do agree that the glowing orbs are funny.
Last edited by Droid on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ninteen45
Commander
Commander

Post by Ninteen45 »

I'm guessng you'll move the wings back and add onto the nose?

Anyway, the basic outline looks like a Hestia.
War.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Cookie goes to Droid, you had it right the first time.

EDIT: ninteen: No, I won't. This is the final hull shape for the ship, it's only a frigate.
I'll move the little orbs inward a bit, the idea is that they're 'gravitic drive orbs' or something or other.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Small intermezzo as I work on fixing a style for the New Alliance. Don't worry, work on the THV is still progressing, I've already armed the Ascendant Fury.

New Alliance NYX-08 "ATLANTIS" class Battlecruiser

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Okay, that is one awesome fucking brick. Great style, I would love to see some doodad stripes in a fourth color too. To be frank, that is immeasurably more interesting than the THV ships.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I'm glad to see those sprites get some use. They have so much potential but I've had trouble coming up with a design where they looked good. My first thought was that the green was an odd color but it works. Maybe extend the engine glows slightly? Those struts on either side of the middle engine feel incomplete, or at least the wrong shade unless their supposed to be rising up like tail fins... Are all those dst-122s for weapon mounts or something else?

Overall I really like it. A Necronomicon redux might look good in this style.