Draggeh's stuff Updated 9th Oct, newer Scarlo Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Dragontear wrote: ImageImage
Repair and defence asteroid, both have four Strike Beamers, two flak and particle point-defenders.
I really like you job with the asteroid there, it gives it a very "grafted on" appearance. The asteroid should stand out a bit more, though.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
DrFire09
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DrFire09 »

How come a lot of your ships are missing the needed sprites when I load them in game?
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

Possible miss-foldering on either of your parts.
Lurk more
DrFire09
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DrFire09 »

I'm looking at the files, the sprites that the ships ask for aren't even in the .ace file before hand
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

That'll probably be the older ships I made - quite a while ago and I assumed the folders were named rightly on my side, guess not.

The SW'ized ships should all be fine, which as you all can tell, what I'm concentrating on for the better part.

I'll have a go at lighting the asteroids up, thanks for the comments.

Edit:Image

Sidewinder, still WIP.

Comments and critique about direction of the hull shape? I'ma planning on flinging some beefed-up 'scatter beamer'-like weapons on the outer arm-tips, or something.

If anybody has any colour scheme ideas, say so, I don't bite. Now I need to go help with a Disco for 200+ screaming kids.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

The bend back on those outer arms isn't particularly well executed imo. Other than that it has a really awesome shape, but the color is painful. I know white and blue is a good colorscheme, so you might try that... Good job in general though.
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Colour wise, I really wanted to keep orange - as I've not used yellows or oranges or any other fleet, I've already used grey and blue, so yah... Wanting something different that does not sear eyes out.

Explain; what's wrong with the outer arm bit at this point? I mean specifically, and any ideas to enhance it? Thanks for the praise.

And yes, the Disco went well, barring the ear-ringing and minor headache afterwards.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

I'd say remove the yellow and dark orange so the arms go to a tiny tip, or remove the entire bent-forward part. But still the colors look really bad to me.