Draggeh's stuff Updated 9th Oct, newer Scarlo Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

I don't think it's necessarily that the image is blurry, as the shielding over the ships obscures them.

Either way, screenshots from SM in PNG format are best. JPG does all sorts of horrible things to images. I use Tinypic myself, so there should be no such nonsense as blurry images.
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Kaelis was correct and patient - in addition to the shielding, the image was blurry. I don't think the shielding does much more than make everything more pinkish in appearance. X3

Anyhugh, I've updated the front page with the Shavartu images and download link, enjoy.

Righto, I'm open to any suggested unit types with the Shavartu 'theme' or some such, since I rather enjoy using the Alien sprite pack.

Edit:
Heart-Wire, Assualt Cruiser with two Gauss cannons and a powerful electrical weapon capable, when it hits, of doing about 600 -/+ damage.
Last edited by Dragontear on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

Just a little recoloring, and these could easily become Syrman...
Though the fuselage is a bit too angled compared to the one example I can find.

The heat wire looks great, but that top piece doesn't mesh well.
Lurk more
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Fuselage? X3 I didn't intend on using anything like that, didn't even think to add anything that suggested their mode of locomotion.

Ah, did you mean the bluish curcle pieces? Looking at it now, yes I'll agree, indeed it's too dark considering it's height.

I'll add the Heart-Wire to the fleet soonish, I've never really gotten into the electical weaponry ideas, so it seems a bit odd at this point.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Updated Shavartu fleet download link!
Last edited by Dragontear on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

I would very much like to see these without the shields. They only really serve to blur the details and, ultimately, detract from the ships. From what I can tell, this style seems simple, consistent, and effective. Very stock-esque. They're not the most elaborate, but this is a nice little fleet.
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

There you go! Shield-less version of the Heart-Wire, altered a bit.

I was hoping to create a bio-organic/nanite-metal appearance. Or something like that. X3

I've began to revamp the Shavartu again, editing a bit and adding 'elite' units with the Ankre' pre-name to differentiate them in files.

ImageImage
Basic combat unit of the fleet, armed with duel Needler cannons, increased health and a point laser-defender. Always leads a group of four normal Spatial-Dancers. Quite dangerious even as a low-level unit.

More metallic coloured-appearance, I hope it looks fine?
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Drakulas Patroller, revamped. Armed with two point masers, two light burst scatter beamers and a HEAP Vulcan cannon.

Four burst scatter beams, two HEAP Vulcan cannons, two point masers and flak turret.

Armed primarily with six homing High velocity and explosive rocket launchers, the Mackross Archer works from a distance, bombarding foes with rockets that almost always hit the sides of a victim's ship, rather than the strongest point of - the front.

Any moar crit and comments?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

I hate to be redundant, but...

Blurry screenshots again. Only this time, it looks like they should be perfectly crispy. Is this how they look on your pc as well? Because im guessing it has something to do with your configuration, but id like to solve the issue if possible.

Otherwise, decent ships, if a bit too dark.
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

*Gnaws on potential blurryness.*

Strange, I'm using the 1 MG compression and shipmaker png file type as you asked. They look fine to me, unless I've missed something. About the darkness, I agree about that on the outer pieces, however, I had them brighter before and it didn't... seem right to me.

I might go back and make them a tad brighter. Blah.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Can you upload an sb4? Ill show you how it should look like.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Wait, Dragontear, did you ever zoom in? It makes it blurry.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Right... of course. God, im dumb. for some reason i assumed that its obvious and his screenshots are already done at default zoom.
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Download the Revamped Drakulas Militia Fleet here!

There you go Kaelis, and nue, I've not zoomed in at all. X3 home button-F9 - yadda. It should be fine. I -did- zoom in for the original fleet images, because Photobucket was shrinking stuff, and -all- my image/art programs had become usless in order to properly process the screenshots.

Aside from just the image themselves, anything else specific about the past Shavartu alterations and current Draku units you can comment/crit about?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

I asked for sb4, not shp. But nevermind, since its clearly zoomed in. Compare the grid on default zoom to your screenshots: