Draggeh's stuff Updated 9th Oct, newer Scarlo Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Draggeh's stuff Updated 9th Oct, newer Scarlo Fleet

Post by Dragontear »

Made a few fleets some time ago, and after looking here again after some time of totally lacking any motivation from college and what not, decided to plonk these here for the simple sake of'show and tell'. I've looked at and glowed green from envy at all these new-styled crafts, impressed highly, I am.

Thus I present here, not-masterpieces.

From left to right' Patroller, Skirmisher, Akirmishire, Centurian, Archer.
Light Station, Crusader and Paladin Cruisers.

Heavy emphasis on ablative armour, burst-fire light lasors and plenty of torpedos. Defensive and strong.

I did add two pieces, effectively the same type into 'Kae_Splinter'. Simply a piece to go right in the middle to hold a weapon. Their in the folder within the dowload, simply add them to the pre-existing Kae_Splinter folder. ^.=.^

Left to right; Scarab light assualt. Lancer light artillery. Scorpion medium assualt. Exterminator heavy assualt/damage sponge.
Deranger heavy artillery. Scream-Scythe heavy suppreser and Assualt, and last of all, the Overlord Mothership/'sod off' unit, if you prefer.

If some seem fragile to you, then that's the point. Emphasis on short and long ranged scatter/shard/'shotgun' weapons. Straight-up pummeling and overwhelming, point-defenders are stronger, if you run out of normal guns on a Splinter unit.

Requires Arc's weapons, being up to date with the older-style sections is best.

Should be obvious, remake of the canon Fed's.

With a few neat-0 things here and there. Combined a few ship types and added some small defense structures. Emphasis on mass(understatment) firepower, matrix-regenerators, HEAP Gauss and capability of tactics. Need long range obliteration? Got them. Short range extermination? All there. Pin-point, fighter elimination? Have it.

Hy'Rakken fleet, redone.

Shas'Ui Valios, Shaso'O Cryox and Shas'Saal Auska. Cruiser, Battleship and fighters in order.

Pretty older fleet, noting some things that I didn't replace. Heavy emphasis on lasers and plenty of plasma torpedos, generally low agility, but rapid ability to jump to and fro with the ability to wipe out lesser fleets with ears, unless overwhelmed.

Although I'm certainly not aiming for Holy Ship status, I'd like some critique and stuff, specific if possible please, I would appreciate such.

Conglomerate, Drakulas Militia fleet, Nanz revamped units and Splinter fleet here!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Spatial-Dancer, light strike unit. Armed with two long-ranged lancers. 15 damagex10 rounds.
Seeker-Claw, light assualt Frigate. Armed with two Lancers, and six light m-beamers, 1 damage x 10 rounds in a second.
Ghost-Of-Fang, assualt cruiser. Armed with four Lancers and four m-beamers and a Tachyon cannon at the front, 25 damage.
Harmony-Reaper, long range assualt cruiser. Armed with about four Lancers and light rapid-fire beamers as above. Two Tachyon cannons and a Gauss Cannon, 250 damage per hit.

Download the new Shavartu revamped-fleet 1.1 here!
Last edited by Dragontear on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:12 am, edited 35 times in total.
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

The first two look nice, tough the third fleet has a bit to much weapons in my opinion...
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Hmm... Yes I'll immediently admit some of the altered canon units -do- over-compensate. You see I got a bit annoyed with their survival rate being rather low... against weak foes. B1

The 'Koria' models for example were nigh-usless against anybody that got closer or a small group, so I added lighter weapons - supposed to be able to hold their own if the main weapons were lacking, against weaker, closer enemies. <<' Sort of worked.

Babbling example aside, do tell me more specifically what you like about the first two and such. ^.=.^ And anything about the last.
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

The first bunch reminds me of a certain type of jellyfish. They look great.

The second is basically spindley done well; it just looks right with alien parts.

The rest are alright, but not as good as the first two.
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

I didn't expect them to be related to Jellyfish. X3 I appreciate your praise Magnus.

I'm wondering how the second two fleets (now three) are not so good, so please say why. ^^

Also, I've added a small Nanz fleet, basically revamping and bulking up their previous fragile and in-effective units.

Edit:Image

>:3
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

The other ones don't get attention because they're, well, generic...
The 1, 2 and 5 are beautiful! :o
Last edited by unsunghero10 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lurk more
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

Yeah, the first two look phosphorescent (especially the first); it's one of the advantages the old sprites have if used well. The next one just isn't very eyecatching. After that, the glows look a bit too square in some places... but even if they weren't, they don't really stand out. The last are fairly interesting; don't really know what to say about them. They look like the sort of thing you'd expect from some aliens with a different sense of aesthetics, who perhaps aren't as technologically advanced as the rest of them.
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

It's nice to see people still making decent ships with the traditional sprites. It seems like everyone here lately has just been making SW ship after SW ship.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Dragontear, please alpha-0 your weapons and modules on the non-SW fleets. They stand out too much and confuse the aesthetics of your hulls, in particular the Terran fleet. Those just have guns everywhere, which isn't good. In my opinion, ships are not supposed to be 2-dimensional gun platforms. That's what space stations are for, and that's why I'm making an exception for that one.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

@Unsung: Hmm, I see what you mean, run of the mill, yadda. X3 I'll ponder and think on how to make them different, though the Terran fleet -is- merely a remake, purely as a possible variation or replacement for the canon ships to use in combat, for or against.

@Magnus: I assume you are speaking of the Drakulas or Hy'Rakken fleet in regard to the square-like glow? Either of which, I added a second shield-section for the 'Valios, giving it a touch more forward defence, I'll remove that. And the comment about their sense of aesthetics, well their supposed to appear similar to organic-like material, like joints and muscles, occasionally covered by smoother shell-like forms. I'll re-colour the white modules and replace the 'Cryox's main beam cannons. As for their tech level, it's much better than you might think, but far from invincible, their few/er numbers balance this out.

@Para: Thank 'ee, and i've noticed that as well, though lacking anything useful, a loss of words on my part about them, save for saying 'wow vry good'.

@Silver: I'll have a good look-over the fleets in question, at the moment, I am re-colouring all Terran fleet weapons and modules to have them the same colour as the section they are on, so as to not take so much attention away as well as possibly remove a few weapons and mods, but I'll keep their opaque forms untouched otherwise.

Due to recent (Within the last hour) decision to have a un-expected holiday away, I shan't be around from this sunday to the next, if anybody wanted to know. ^.=.^' Thus I'll alter these as fast as possible, upload download links and also add the Scarlo fleet with their d'load link too, within today or tonight at most hopeful.

Any ideas, further constructive crits or comments as well as a potential art program or something to properly alter images, would be much appreciated. ^.=.^
Last edited by Dragontear on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Re: A few fleets, again.

Post by Aralonia »

Dragontear wrote:Image
Tsakara has a rival.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

I do believe my style of craft are quite different from Tsakara, not quite sure how you mean by that otherwise. As I said, the Hy'Rakken fleet is rather older, if you hinted at the repetition then yes, there is some. >.=.<
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Not the style, but rather the very limited use of sections.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

You should put more aegis on those green ones - I think I can see some gaps.
No, seriously 16 isn't enough for a ship that size :/

Or perhaps, maybe, possibly you could think of a better way to balance them?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

@Arclane: I admit sticking to what I liked, at the time they seemed sufficient, merely for the sake of covering the ship for testing and stuff, seeming to flow rather well. Since thre -is- plenty of new sections now, not much of an excuse so soon-ish I shall revamp the green ones, as their called. X3

@Wicky: In comparason to the Drakulas (which do the opposite I wanted - to not kill the fps), I dumped the Hy'Rakken ship's outsides together, they seemed to work for the purely practical purposes.

Discount previous vacation stuffs. <.=.<' Ain't going due to lack 'o money. Riveting if you cared to know - I assure you.

Edit: If anybody can suggest a good replacement section for the 'shell' pieces or some such, do say so. ^.=.^

Update:

Conglomerate/Terran and Splinter/Shavartu fleet download links added under their images, and the Terran fleet image updated. ^.=.^