Anna's SW-style ships - Updated 12/14/09

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Anna wrote:
derekiv wrote:How you have the pseudo reactor on the wings of the Clarent.
I... is that meant to be a question or a statement? Either way it doesn't really make sense. The "pseudo reactors" in the Clarent aren't reactors at all, they're charged particle projectors. Directed energy weapons. Giant glowy beams emitters.
Sorry about the confusion, I still like the layering.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

My god, its alive!

About time someone made some decent steampunk ships in SW, too :)
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Doublecheck the positioning on the spinnerthing on the Kingmaker, looks like it needs some fine-tuning.
Kaelips wrote:My god, its alive!

About time someone made some decent steampunk ships in SW, too :)
About time someone made some decent steampunk sections in SW, too. :wink:
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Whoa. Excellent ideas.

One comment on the Heavy Mobile Shipyard Camlann

The parting sections are too large in comparison to the rest of the ship--it makes the connection look flimsy. Perhaps you could add some base structure at the bottom and sides? The parting sections are awesome, but I think they need a bit more accompaniment.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

There is no right or wrong to do internal structuring. I´ve seen now a more skeletal and a packed approach from different builders.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Silver Swordsman wrote:Whoa. Excellent ideas.

One comment on the Heavy Mobile Shipyard Camlann

The parting sections are too large in comparison to the rest of the ship--it makes the connection look flimsy. Perhaps you could add some base structure at the bottom and sides? The parting sections are awesome, but I think they need a bit more accompaniment.
Those are fairly good suggestions, ones I was already considering when I was still working on the Camlann. As it stands, I don't presently have the .sb4 to the Camlann, so it's something of a moot point. I wasn't really happy with it anyway, so I doubt I'll ever get around to trying to fix it. Glad to see people like the ships.
Kaelis wrote:About time someone made some decent steampunk ships in SW, too :)
Is that a suggestion that I should make Steampunk ships, or are you implying that these ships are steampunk ships? I personally don't think they're especially steampunkish, unless you strip them down soley to the internals, and even then... not a lot. I don't much like "steampunk" style anyway...
Arcalane wrote:Doublecheck the positioning on the spinnerthing on the Kingmaker, looks like it needs some fine-tuning.
Yeah... getting that shit centered properly is a major pain in the ass. I guess I'll work on it, when next I have access to a computer that lets me run Shipmaker.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Dingo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

love it

Post by Dingo »

gives noobs like myself something to aim at
want to speed my tired old brain up so I can 'get' all ,this SB stuff :)
Walk softly & carry a five tera-watt blaster
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Anna wrote:Is that a suggestion that I should make Steampunk ships, or are you implying that these ships are steampunk ships?
Neither. Its just that i think the bare internals work fine AS steampunk ships. And damn good ones, too.
Anna wrote:I personally don't think they're especially steampunkish, unless you strip them down soley to the internals, and even then... not a lot.
Guess we will have to agree to disagree.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Fair enough. You are entitled to that opinion.

Anyway, I've got three more ships. No downloads as yet, since I'll want to arm and at least loosely balance them before releasing downloads... unless you guys don't care about that. It's up to you. If you want weaponless downloads, just ask and I'll post 'em up when I can.

Clarent Refit:

Camelot:

Camelot Refit:
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

For these I'm definitely willing to wait. They will be sweet when their finished, and the layering should really add something special during battles. Actually the under-bodies are pretty cool looking by themselves.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

For somewhat reason, Anna, these ships don't strike me the way your ships used to. The first ships you posted in this forum were awesome, but these, no offense, are not as inspiring compared to them.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I like these new ones they seem more "realistic" whatever that is.
More like they are ships that would actually get built sometime well into the future. IDK. Im kinda sleepy.

These ships are really well done like all your ships, and these all flow together nicely, and fit together like a fleet should, now you just need to expand the range of ships some more
Anna

Post by Anna »

Silver Swordsman wrote:For somewhat reason, Anna, these ships don't strike me the way your ships used to. The first ships you posted in this forum were awesome, but these, no offense, are not as inspiring compared to them.
Well does it look like I'm trying to make super-huge and badass awesome impressive ships? I'm clearly not. I'm trying to make relatively small, functional ships that look unique and stand out.

They're not meant to be "oh wow incredible that's the most awesome thing I've ever seen!" ships. And you're an idiot for needing me to point it out to you.
Quality Control Enforcer
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Rofl, someone's bought it.
</Obscure_Gaming_Reference>

The smaller functional ships in my mind are the better ones to do, they get made up faster, with higher detail. With fewer mistakes as well.
They also contribute more to a big battle as they blow up more. =P

The larger ships often have more places where things just can't work well at all, and even just one small area that doesn't fit no matter how it's done can ruin a ship for the people like me who are perfectionists. Or just OCD.

So all I can say is Woo for the smaller ships that don't blow you away in one hit, but also don't display any sign of imperfection.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

These are nice too but I have to agree with Silverswordsman. I kinda liked your previous set of "not gigantic" set of ships. They were actually somewhat awe-inspiring although not ridiculously big (except for one). Especially for the Carent refit, I feel like you've slapped on too many sections in the middle.