My first SW ship

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

david1985
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

My first SW ship

Post by david1985 »

Well I decided to try my hand at this SW stuff, so heres my ship; Fury. All C&C welcome as always.
(By the way, this was just a quick 15 minute ship to see if I was doing it right)

I tried to make a little bit more of an effor to make this next one more like a ship, and less like an accident.

I suck at names, so I just won't name it :)

Heres a fighter jet\UAV\whatever.

Tried adding color to this one.
Last edited by david1985 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Meh. I thought you could do more in 15 minutes. I'm really just seeing a bunch of shapes coherently slapped together, not a ship. But that's just my opinion. Besides, if you're going to use a style that's pretty damn crazy, put some more effort into it.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
david1985
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by david1985 »

EDIT: Excuse my newbyness, and thank you.
Last edited by david1985 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

david1985
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by david1985 »

I made a fighter jet, do you like?

EDIT: Just looked at it and noticed it looks more like a UAV, so really what I'm trying to say is it's whatever you want it to be.
firevikin125
Commander
Commander

Post by firevikin125 »

Simple, yet elegant, good work.
Minor ninprick, the colors are a tad bland.
Also, the first ship looks a little less
detailed than the rest of the fleet.
But other than that its a good start. :wink:
"A gargoyle's meat can be carved with an ordinary cleaver, but for its petrous hide . . ."
—Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar,
The Underworld Cookbook
david1985
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by david1985 »

firevikin125 wrote:Simple, yet elegant, good work.
Minor ninprick, the colors are a tad bland.
Also, the first ship looks a little less
detailed than the rest of the fleet.
But other than that its a good start. :wink:
The first one is the first one I made.(hence the crappyness) And as for the colors, I was thinking of redoing them all with some blue or green, most any color looks like it will go good with the white. Not sure if I'm going to make this a military fleet, or continue with my previous thread of civilian ships. All suggestions/C&C/repremands/etc. are welcome.

EDIT: Adding another ship(tried to use some color in this one)
Wizardunic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Wizardunic »

Theses ships don't look so bad. (Where the hell is everyone getting theses new sections?). But it could use some more details.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Custom Content section BIZATCH

Check out Kaelis' section factory. It has a lot of them.
3D1L<>k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 3D1L<>k »

I like the general design shape but in my personal humble opinion some areas look flat, but that's me. In the overall they are fine.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

For some reason I really quite like the shapes of that last big one. It would work really well with animations, having the bow close up then lock back.

However, you should think more carefully about the composition of sections within your general outlines. If you focus on the internal lines you should be able to see that they are jumbled and cluttered, and that the curve of the outer hull isn't repeated or even referred to by the lines of the sections within. Try thinking about that as you assemble future ships, as echoes of the ship's outline within the ship's makeup can look really effective.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
david1985
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by david1985 »

Wicky_42 wrote:For some reason I really quite like the shapes of that last big one. It would work really well with animations, having the bow close up then lock back.

However, you should think more carefully about the composition of sections within your general outlines. If you focus on the internal lines you should be able to see that they are jumbled and cluttered, and that the curve of the outer hull isn't repeated or even referred to by the lines of the sections within. Try thinking about that as you assemble future ships, as echoes of the ship's outline within the ship's makeup can look really effective.
animation probably won't happen ( I suck really bad at all that sort of rotations and timing triggers crap) and as for the "internal\external geometry, I'm not fully sure I understand what you are saying. My understanding from it was that the shape and section usage of the interior of the ship reflects upon how the outer shape blends?