The Order of the New Dawn

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Wicky_42 wrote:Nothing wrong with a bit of colour. Just a bit different to the standard 'grey with coloured bits' theme this forum likes so much. Maybe 'colour with grey bits' would work...
I never said there was anything there was wrong with colour. I said the full-on-ness of the colour needs to be toned down. Mainly 'cause that blue is way too fucking blue. I also recommended that he could try adding some neutral colours.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

That's one way he could change it. However, I reckon that a bit more variation in the shades of blue used would work just as well as neutralling it up a notch. A few lighter shades of blue around the place and he could have a nice strong colour scheme.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
apache1990
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by apache1990 »

I like the color combination a lot, actually. Very similar to the Blue Angels (though a bit brighter).
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

at least its better then the eye razors alot of people put out.

Remember that monstrousity that Iburn kept trying to make?
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

Alright, I tried a different color and I noticed all ships that are considered "good" always have glowy balls, is this a importand factor?

Anna

Post by Anna »

Grasmaaier wrote:I noticed all ships that are considered "good" always have glowy balls, is this a importand factor?
No. Not even a little bit. Glowy balls aren't what make a good ship good, despite what some tasteless ignoramus's think. But they do add interesting elements, so you'll see them used fairly often.

Your new colour scheme is fairly okay, but I'd suggest maybe replacing the grey with a pale whitey-blue? I dunno, might look good.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

Thank you Anna, I followed your advice and I watched your ships, they look excellent, sorry for copying a few tricks but I went on with mine.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Psh. There's nothing wrong with copying a few tricks from me, as long as it helps you out then I'm a-okay with it. And hey, this new colourscheme looks really nice! Much better than it did with the grey or the lots of really dark blue, in my opinion.

You may have gone just a little bit overboard with the glows, but I suppose that's a matter of personal taste. Anyway, you're doing good. Keep at it.
Quality Control Enforcer
praetors
BANNED

Post by praetors »

Grasmaaier wrote:Alright, I tried a different color and I noticed all ships that are considered "good" always have glowy balls, is this a importand factor?

I like more this ship, good colouring for me :)
Anna

Post by Anna »

I hope this doesn't need to be said, but you really should really only take the opinion of someone who spells that poorly with a grain of salt. :lol:
Quality Control Enforcer
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

This is the last thing I post before making a fleet (and starting senior year at school)
Is it going alright?

The little guns are some kind of particle rifles, the big weapon in the middle is a large beam.
Beta_krogoth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Beta_krogoth »

:O

Thats tasty! Not my taste in colours but it still looks good, nice style and it has a good vibe!

The only thing i could say this that the whole ship design looks a bit... off... but thats personal opinion not crit.
"If I was trying to chase you off the forum, you'd already be gone." Anna.

:O Epic Mods of teh win!
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps a bit cluttered.
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

In between the two engines somethings a bit askew.

It just seems a bit unshielded, like it's not fully built...

nice coloring though.
Lurk more
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

The engines, wings and middle hull piece are all lovely. The front however, starts out a bit thin and then seems to wave all the way to the tips, which in my opinion doesn't look too great.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~