BSF Fleets expanded (gameplay balanced ships)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AaronLee
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

BSF Fleets expanded (gameplay balanced ships)

Post by AaronLee »

Hi guys, it's me again.

Since the huge explosion of stock weapons, I've been fobbing about with a few new ship ideas. TH hasn't been around for me to prod irritatingly with them so I turn the prodding stick upon the masses.

And, yes, these are all stock, hey, where are you all going?!

I felt like making some ships that could mesh with the stock fleet (it seems to be my previous forte.) I got it in my head that battleships would be cooler if they could snipe;

This is the Hyperion. Suffice to say it's armed to kill at range. In testing it I've found it's best complimented with a force to tie up the enemy while the Hyperion supports from the rear. It's main feature is a forward-aimed tacnuke cannon (which I've modified to hammer past light PD.) The ship is devastating but cursed with poor PD coverage and defense.

The hyperion can be found here.

Honestly; this is probably small fishes to you guys. But I figured someone may appreciate it / find it fun.

Feedback's welcome, and I may post some of my other ships.
Well, this buggers our plans for world domination.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Welcome back.

I think stock ships have very much been forgotten in all the developments in ship building recently, and breathing life into the stock fleet with the new weapons and new designs is a cool idea IMO.

The Hyperion looks great, seems to be well balanced from what I can see. I would like to see some of your other creations if you have any.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

I believe that there was this other guy who made stock-balanced ships, and boy they were good.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4264
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
AaronLee
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by AaronLee »

Hmm, neat ships. I may have to take them on a test run to see what this guy was onto.

Some of you guys may remember I worked on the first version of the Eos. I wasn't wholly satisfied with it by the end and figured I could come up with a more memorable profile than just another needleship.

I attempted to tackle that again and got this.

And, an image.

It's got some modified armaments. It no longer packs plasmas and has two weasels and a quad blaster, as well as some pulses for close-in defense. I've messed with the PD so it's now 4x particle cannons and some flak for ooph.

I thought the hull shape had a sort of mobile support station look, which is what I wanted for the Eos in the first place.
Well, this buggers our plans for world domination.