First ship and help is needed!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Portal8229
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

First ship and help is needed!

Post by Portal8229 »

Well this my first attempt at building anything in SM and sadly it's all defult parts. How do you make customs or just where can I get good custom sections??? Help please offering cupcakes, :).

Yeah I know there is alot of oversized weapons, it's an OP ship.
Sypher
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sypher »

Other sections can be accessed by hitting the 1/2/3/4 keys. Make sure that when you hit the tilde key (which is the key next the the number one, looks like this ~) there will be a notice in the upper-right hand corner that says "1/2/3/4: Groups" or something like that.

And for the ship: I'm not experienced myself to really criticize your ship, but you might want to get rid of the green "eye-burn" coloring and use differing shades of grey to simulate depth.

Hope I helped.
Peace through superior fire power.
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Re: First ship and help is needed!

Post by Gkug »

Portal8229 wrote: where can I get good custom sections???
Check the custom content forum.

On ths ship the shape is okay, but you need to sort out your parenting and reduce the number of weapons on the ship.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Okay I don't want to be mean, (the other, more expirienced shipbuilders are harsh, just to get their point across, don't worry) but you made all the classic n00b mistakes. Bad parenting, if you destroy that section just above the thrusters, it's bye-bye weapons. See those arrows? Those show the parenting. If section A has an arrow pointing to section B, then tha means if section A is destroyed, then B is destroyed too. Also, please use other colors besides stock green, the shades of grey are a good generic and beginner color. If you follow this advice, then you can become a great shipbuilder.

EDIT: Yeah, welcome to the forums. :D
Last edited by Corporal Jomn on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Despite the epicfail parenting the ship is actually ok, to parent a section rightclick it and select set parent and do this from the core out.. Remove the twin rail and duel beamer and then it will a average ship.. Welcome to the forums
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Perhaps zoom out when you take the screenshot and push [F11] before. This ship is a decent shot for a beginner. A little too many weapons for my taste. Adding other sections and gray should make this ship a lot better.