HighComedy's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

HighComedy
Commander
Commander

HighComedy's Ships

Post by HighComedy »

I stumbled across this game a while ago and since I love RTS's, sci-fi and Warning Forever as well, I was hooked to this game. So here's my turn at ego-stroking. :P

The Telos Series
From top to bottom: The Telos, the Telos Advanced, the Telos-B and the Telos Coelacanth.

My first series of designs ever, the four successive ships are not designed with balance in mind, but rather to utterly destroy the preceding vessel.

The original Telos is a nice broadsider packed with gatling blasters, and its Aegis-shielded sections make it much tougher than its size suggests. However, there are very significant gaps in its defense.

The Telos Advanced rearranges the shielded sections for more all-round protection, and its armament has been massively upgraded. The gatling blasters are replaced with custom versions with improved range and fire rate that more than make up for their fewer numbers. Lots of beamers guard its front and rear arcs.

But after seeing how long it took for two Telos-A's to destroy each other, I designed the Telos-B, replacing the modified blasters with modified railguns and the gluon bolter with lancet beams. The railguns make it much more effective against shielded opponents, but they have a somehwta shorter range than the Telos-A's blasters. Its general protection has also been improved. Even so, two Telos-B's can finish a fight with each other in seconds.

The Telos Coelacanth, the final iteration of this pocket dreadnought class, crams even more railguns and swarm-fire plasma charges into its relatively small hull. It also incorporates two impeders, a teleporter and a Forsch gun, its only weakness now being in the rear. The small size of the ship is both a boon and a curse, making it horribly vulnerable to certain classes of weapons. However, the ships' all-round invulnerability still means it can destroy battleships many times its size. :P

Try them out here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... s_Pack.zip

The Anvil
The Anvil next to a Peitho for size comparison.

After the Telos series, I decided to design a ship that will destroy any of them as well. From this came the Anvil, a Peitho-inspired design with incredible frontal Aegis shielding supplemented with a double layer of deflector-powered ablative armor. Even railguns struggle to pierce its frontal armor, not to mention conventional projectiles. However, you can see that its point defense and rear armor is minimal.

The Anvil is also fun to watch in action. Here we can see it pounding on a poor alien dreadnought, its four 16-shot plasma charges engulfing the enemy ship in a wall of green explosions. Along with its swarm missile launchers, you can see how the Anvil is dedicated towards cracking open slow and heavily-shielded vessels, and not so good against ships that can dodge its plasma barrages and outflank it.

Download it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... /Anvil.zip

The Hachiman

A massive battleship of alien design, the Hachiman comes forth to crush the hopes of humanity.

Okay, not really. I designed this one for aesthetic more than practical merit, and it shows in the many weak sections and the rather exposed head/core. But is is extremely heavily armed (a dozen "claw" beamers, ten quad blasters, six pulsars, six gatling pulse guns, swarm missiles, modified "mouth" railgun) compared to all the ships above and its frontal Aegis shield can be a tough nut to crack.

Here's a shot of it in action:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... chiman.zip
ijyt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ijyt »

Nice, nice.. however I'm not one for Aegis ships to be honest.
ijyt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ijyt »

I take back that comment.

I just had to resort to using aegis deflectors on my SC.
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

I know, I know...it is sort of like cheating, isn't it? However, the next few designs I'm working on don't really resort to them.
ijyt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ijyt »

Well, if the entire outerhull is covered, then yeah. But if you leave a slight weakspot.. then meh.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Yeah, Aegis are even more cheesy now, especially since railguns can't bypass them. :(
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Sran
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sran »

Nice ships.
I like the The Hachiman especially; it's very alien.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

The Hachiman is definaely my favorite. I like the little "shield platforms".
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

And now for something completely different!

"Bailey" Mobile Defense Line

The inglorious retreat of the 72th Expeditionary Fleet from enemy space would have been even more disastrous if it weren't for the presence of these steadfast vessels in the rearguard. Capable of laying down line after line of automated defense platforms in the path of the advancing enemy fleets, the Bailey class is also heavily armed with flak cannons and a dozen tachyon drivers which are highly effective at absorbing projectile fire and discouraging approaching enemies. Due to its hurried construction, the Bailey carries no customized weaponry and has barely enough deflectors to cover its broad front. Its single gravity beam can however tow platforms and friendly vessels closer for repair.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Bailey.zip

Note: The Bailey is surprisingly fast and nimble. You might want to tone its mobility down a bit in the editor first.
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

And this is my biggest effort to date:

Voltaire-Class Dreadnought
The Voltaire beside a Hecate for size comparison.

Armament:
3X Superspinal Railguns
11X Heavy Shock Beamers
4X Strategic Missile Pods, 30 shots each
6X Swarm Missile Launchers
4X Triplex Demeter Drone Launchers
12X Blaster Cannons
2X Quad Blasters
4X 'Citadel' Mega Beamers
4X Pulse Reapeaters
12X Point Beamers
12X Flak Batteries

The Voltaire is obviously my first attempt at a really big ship, although it's really designed for aesthetics rather than functionality. The extended range of the missiles, railguns and beamers makes it optimal at long-range combat, although it's no slouch at close-in firefights either. Although it only has 2 nanomatrices for its size, 24 deflectors and 4 gravitic impeders give good protection. (That said, it still takes 3 of them to down a Viscount. Only 1000hp may have something to do with it.)
Credits to Anna for the shielded reactor core idea.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ltaire.zip
Last edited by HighComedy on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Woah... the Voltaire is... well, that's awesome. :D I can't wait to see what else you make. All of your designs are quite excellent.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

I like the little wings at the back of the engine representing exhaust. That's clever I must say.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

HighComedy wrote:That said, it still takes 3 of them to down a Viscount. Only 1000hp may have something to do with it.
What is it with people pitching their creations against the Viscount anyway? :P

Nice design. I like the engines too.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Arcalane wrote:
HighComedy wrote:That said, it still takes 3 of them to down a Viscount. Only 1000hp may have something to do with it.
What is it with people pitching their creations against the Viscount anyway? :P

Nice design. I like the engines too.
The Viscount is a monstrosity, and it is also an excellent test to see how powerful your ships are.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anna wrote:The Viscount is a monstrosity, and it is also an excellent test to see how powerful your ships are.
Interesting. I never intended it to be too ridiculous; I merely amped up the laser damage so it could face the damage output of an Executor, as beam damage leaves something to be desired in these circumstances. I guess I overdid it? :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ